Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: UT2004

Downloading it right now from a nvidia server ~ 50KB/Sec

Can't wait! :cheers:

I've been playing it for few days now, and I'm totally hooked. First Unreal game I've ever played. And Arsenal is right, Onslaught Rocks!!

It's a great demo. :)

Unreal Tournament 2004 goes gold

Atari has announced that its greatly anticipated title Unreal Tournament 2004 has gone gold. The long awaited game will be available in stores worldwide for March 15th.

Full story

GH

Sounds great to me. I'll almost certainly be picking this up. Hopefully we'll see a new demo, as well as some general improvements when it comes to performance and such.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

U Mark
    Unreal Tournament 2004 benchmark

UMark is a Windows graphical interface that allows gamers and hardware reviewers to easily configure and run benchmarks on Unreal Tournament 2004. Benchmarking with UMark is very flexible, as it can run totally customizable benchmarks. At the same time, it also offers standard benchmarking which imitates the official UT2004 benchmark batch file tests.

It is designed for "botmatch" benchmarks, rather than "flyby", but still supports fylby benchmarking to a certain degree. Flyby's don't include characters, and many other animated sprites, such as the dozens of projectiles flying around at any give time. Although this will result in higher framerates, it is misleading to the gamer because those framerates won't hold while playing a "real" game of UT2004. Botmatch benchmarks include the things that make up an actual UT2004 match, and have closer framerates to a "real" game of UT2004.

UMark also provides an engine for gathering results, which can also be customly set compare results against eachother. Results can be generated as coloured bar graphs, stored in HTML snippets so hardware reviewers can easily post their results online by pasting the snippets into their review. The colours are dynamically stored in custom Stylesheet classes, and won't interfere with other code in the web page.

More details and download

Unreal Tournament 2004 map released

Chris 'Plutonic' Blundell, one of the best Unreal community mappers, has released his first map for Unreal Tournament 2004 recently shipped to stores. This map was developed during his time at Epic as a contract Level Designer: "I am proud to announce that ONS-Icarus has been released and is available for download. Icarus is a significant departure from the ONS maps released with UT2004. The setting - a massively tall set of buildings - provides for a more vertical game play dynamic for all vehicles in the region around the central nodes. In particular, ramps and elevated floors/platforms create great opportunities to get some serious 'air time'. Jumping the vehicle is a core component of matches in ONS-Icarus!. Thanks: BeyondUnreal.

Unreal Tournament 2004 ONS-Icarus map

GH

Frame rate tweak for Unreal Tournament 2004

I found a good way to improve on the frame rate in this game, and it is just a click away. It really helped me out, as I now run the game at 1,600 by 1,200 32 Bit color with 6x AA, and 16X AF. Plus every option is maxed out.

These are my gaming rigs specs, P 4, 2.53 GHz with a 533 MHz FSB, 512 MBs of PC-1,066 RIMM RDRAM, Hercules ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MBs DDR-2 AGP, 120 Gig Ultra ATA 100 Hard Drive (7200), 16 Max. Var. DVD, 48x 24x 48x CD-RW, SBL Gamer 5.1.

Just uncheck the option that asks to "Load all Players Skins".

PcKiller

Do you know if this tweak works well in the demo? Considering it's got a limited amount of skins (two, plus colour changes), I'm not sure there's much that's left to load...

*runs off to check*
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Any more tweaks?
    I got the full retail version, maps take awhile to load, a long while.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information