Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UT2004

Wow!! That tweak was fantastic Weta. Thanks heaps.
    Maps load alot faster and no lag, can play games on 1280x1024 high details no lag anymore. Also when I quit the game it doesn't take the system as long to recover from lag.

Hmm, that options doesn't seem to be in the demo. Hopefully when I finally get around to getting the full game (which may be a while), that'll give me a nice boost. :)
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

I'm not sure how the tweak affects FPS since all it does is prevent a lot of additional data (the player skins) being preloaded into RAM. It probably has the greatest impact on machines with 512MB of RAM or less.

The "lag" you speak of is constant hard drive access, and the recovery time after UT2004 has quit is Virtual Memory swapping (again hard drive access).

Of course if it works for you use it. Just that if you have 1GB of RAM or more the impact of changing this setting may not be noticeable. More details in my upcoming UT2004 Tweak Guide :)

BTW thanks to Weta for the updates and tweaks 8)

WinXP bonus maps Unreal Tournament 2004

Some new official maps are now available for Unreal Tournament 2004. Word is you can now take the UT2004's massive Onslaught battles to new planets with these two additional maps designed by Epic Games. ONS-Ascendancy and ONS-Aridoom transport you to Tarydium crystal mines and age-old mesas littered with tank shells in this bonus pack exclusively for Windows XP

More details and download (11.5 MB)

GH

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information