Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tron 2.0

Anybody else with an ATI Radeon video card have problems with the new ATI drivers playing the introducty movie screen on Tron 2.0 version 1.030? I get an error box when the credits appear on the game introduction movie relating to my ATI video driver. I've never had troubles with it before I updated the game version and the new drivers from ATI.
    ATI= :steam:

Heres the message I get.

You do understand that that is not an "ATI error message". VPU Recover is actually a new feature in the 3.8 Cats which helps recover the graphics card from a crash. Basically your system is crashing during Tron and VPU recover stops that.

Something else is causing this problem. Perhaps overclocking, perhaps not doing a proper clean install of the Catalysts (see Page 9 of my System Optimization Guide).

I run the 3.8 Catalysts on a 9800 Pro and I've not had a single problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    You do understand that that is not an "ATI error message". VPU Recover is actually a new feature in the 3.8 Cats which helps recover the graphics card from a crash. Basically your system is crashing during Tron and VPU recover stops that.

Something else is causing this problem. Perhaps overclocking, perhaps not doing a proper clean install of the Catalysts (see Page 9 of my System Optimization Guide).

I run the 3.8 Catalysts on a 9800 Pro and I've not had a single problem.
    Old drivers work with the game but the new ones don't for me. I've tried a fresh install of both.
    I just noticed I have a virus so I think I'll be reformatting. . Maybe that'll cure the problem.

I reformatted, installed the newest ATI Radeon drivers again and Tron 2.0 does the same thing.:mad: . Its the only program that does this that I've noticed so far. Other similar 3D graphic hogging games like GTA: Vice City, Battle Field 1942 plus all expansions, and Starwars Jedi Academy run smooth and problem free.
    Its gotta be a conflict between the new driver and the Tron 2.0 game when that sceen comes on since it worked with last months drivers. The game runs fine once it makes it past the movie credits in the first part of a new game start. The movie credit sceen crashs 9 times out of 10 but unfortunatly you have to view it before you can start a new game:snip:. If anyone has answers, please post and in the meantine I'm visiting the official website to see what I find. http://www.tron20.net/frameset.html

Oh crap! This just happened while viewing a website and the system rebooted. I think I better use the old drivers, right?

As I suggested, it's not the 3.8 Catalysts or the game Tron itself, it is a particular setting or hardware configuration/overclocking problem on your system which is causing this.

I have not had a single crash with the 3.8 Catalysts and I've run a whole bunch of system intensive games on my 9800 Pro.

Hence I would recommend you set your system to more conservative/default settings, try a clean reformat/reinstall, then go through my XP Guides and do a clean install of the 3.8 Cats.

Did the same thing to me, but not anymore since I just changed to nvidia.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    As I suggested, it's not the 3.8 Catalysts or the game Tron itself, it is a particular setting or hardware configuration/overclocking problem on your system which is causing this.

I have not had a single crash with the 3.8 Catalysts and I've run a whole bunch of system intensive games on my 9800 Pro.

Hence I would recommend you set your system to more conservative/default settings, try a clean reformat/reinstall, then go through my XP Guides and do a clean install of the 3.8 Cats.
    I did reformat and nothings overclocked! I'm just installed the latest Omega drivers yesterday and they run smooth for me (don't figure!), ateast for now. Even the Tron 2.0 game works with them. I did have fast write enable which I never noticed from when I found the sweet spot for my old drivers (last months) so I disabled that again. I'll have to reinstall the new ATI drivers again and see if that makes a difference becuase I forgot I enabled Fast write in Cmos awhile ago, but I think I'll keep these Omega drivers on for awhile to see if they keep things stable.

maximus7001, god bless Nvida! I have spent months messing with my ATI cards. If I had a factory I think I could almost build an ATI based video card myself.:laugh:

I do not see any reference to which ati card you got. Which card is it?
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w