Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BATTLEFIELD: Vietnam

Beefy Guest

The best news I've heard so far? Explosions are actually gonna look like explosions, not just grey smoke. :)

The explosions in BF1942 were good. They didn't look just like smoke, although I admit they were somewhat cheezy-sounding. Not quite beefy enough most of the time.

I personally despise huge, burning explosions. Not only are they fake, but they're also generally too big. I don't expect to have a hand grenade make a huge explosion like it currently does in BF. Rather, it should look more like in Raven Shield - a flash of light, and a cloud of smoke. Debris would also be a nice touch.

Really, have you ever seen an exlposion in a combat situation? Most of them are just a slight pop of flame, and then a plume of smoke. The ones you see in movies are just bull**** - overdone napalm fests.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    Really, have you ever seen an exlposion in a combat situation? Most of them are just a slight pop of flame, and then a plume of smoke. The ones you see in movies are just bull**** - overdone napalm fests.

Have you ever seen or heard a real exploshion? I was at the air base in cold lake when they had a A-10 trying out some bombs and they got it on tape and the bombs are loud as hell, even on tape they sounded loud.

heres a tape of a AC-130 gunship, this is was they should look like http://mm.256.com/wmv/ac130_gunshipmed.wmv *right click-save*
    MOTHER BOARD : GIGABYTE K8N-SLI NForce 4
    PROCESSOR: AMD X2 3800+
    GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA 7800GT 256mb
    PSU: Enermax 535W
    MEMORY: Kingston 4x 512 pc3200 = 2GB
    Hard Drive: Seagate 300GB HDD 7,2000 RPM
    MONITOR: 19" Sony
    windows XP: home

Battlefield Vietnam gold

Electronic Arts today announced that Battlefield Vietnam has officially gone gold for the PC and will ship nationwide to retailers on Monday, March 15. Developed by Digital Illusions Canada, Battlefield Vietnam "drops players into some of the Vietnam War's fiercest battles. Fighting in theatres from jungles surrounding the Ho Chi Minh Trail to the city streets of Hue, players will choose from two well-equipped forces, the United States or the North Vietnamese Army (NVA) and Vietcong."

GH

march 15? great news :thumb:
    But i would like the see a demo released before then, although I would have expected a demo sooner than now. With less than 2 weeks to launch, i wonder if then even will?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

so whats everyone picking up first, UT 2004 or BFV? they are released on the same day...probably not a coincidence
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Quote Originally Posted by JSN
    probably not a coincidence
    probably is, no one wants to complete with a popular game upon release, and both of these are highly anticipated games (although it would help if the release a demo for BF:V)

it's going to force a lot of people to choose between the two for the time being. many people just don't have the money to buy two new games at once.

Linux server v1.0: Battlefield Vietnam

A full week before its release, Electronic Arts has released a Linux dedicater server for Battlefield Vietnam recently announced as Gold. This full distribution contains game executables, all 14 maps, auxiliary files, and documentation. Developed by Digital Illusions Canada, Battlefield Vietnam "drops players into some of the Vietnam War's fiercest battles. Fighting in theatres from jungles surrounding the Ho Chi Minh Trail to the city streets of Hue, players will choose from two well-equipped forces, the United States or the North Vietnamese Army (NVA) and Vietcong."

More details and download (103 MB)

GH / 3D Gamers

nice to see linux support right from the beginning this time, but why so early? It's not like many people will be able to get much use out of it till next week...

Beefy Guest

So people can get servers up and running before the game comes out. Otherwise it'd be a rush to get all the server software at release day...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information