Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BATTLEFIELD: Vietnam

oh beefy, you're so smart! :group:

:laugh:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I just got this game....and can someone please explain to me the appeal? You don't know if you killed someone, vehicles are a ***** to drive, the whole game seems so unrefined.

why do people like the BF series...the engine is horrible!
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Beefy Guest

IF you didn't like the first one, what made you think the second would be different?

You CAN tell if you kill people. You see them fall. What did you expect? A big sign saying 'You killed him!!!!1!! U R teh winnar!'?

:rofl: nice beefy...

this game isn't for everyone. in my experience you ether catch on quicky and love it or your it doesn't fit your 'style' and you hate it. I havn't seen too many people on middle ground. However, judging by the fact the BF series and it's mods are some of the most popular games on the 'net right now I'd suggest you give it another shot. Then if you still don't like it, just mail me your copy :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    this game isn't for everyone. in my experience you ether catch on quicky and love it or your it doesn't fit your 'style' and you hate it. I havn't seen too many people on middle ground.
    The original game was much the same way, I think.

Oh, and there isn't any word on a demo, is there? I'd much rather try before I buy.

Also, how's the performance on this one? I know it uses a lot of DX9 effects, so does the framerate hold up? Is it near the original's?
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    The original game was much the same way, I think.
    actually i was talking about the orginal game, expacks and mods. being at work i'm not going to take off just to buy a game. But since BF:V is just an upgraded verison of BF1942 I would expect the performance, game play, and feel to be very similar.

But I'll be more than happy to give a more accurate review once i get my hands on a copy.

great game! :mrgreen:

picked up my copy yesterday and I love it. It's 'feels' like BF42 but the rest is a drastic impovement (aside from performance), even the menus have been redone. It needs some performance tweaking and the netcode needs some serious refinement, but other than that I've not no complaints atm. One thing i'm enjoying, the infantry actually have a fighting chance now because of the terrain. Balance seems to have been well thought out from what i've seen so far. I liked EoD, but there is really no comparison...

Beefy Guest

Gonna install it tonight.. ;) Too many good games out this month. :( BF:V, UT2K4, Far Cry..

A community member has submitted a little patch that he claims fixes
    some lag issues a few users are experiencing. I have tested it and noticed no
    real difference, but then again, I do not have much lag at all. But a number of
    community members express this patch does have a positive effect in some cases.
    I personally still have doubts if this patch even works but figured I would make
    it available to anyone willing to try it. Just make sure you are comfortable
    with this sort of tinkering.ALT+0160 This patch adds the line, Game.soundbuffersize
    400, inside
    the /settings/default.com file:ALT+0160

*Download and install at your own risk!

-------Default.com ---------

rem *** for BC
    Game.GameLevelPath BFVietnam/Levels/Operation_Irving/
    Game.useMenu 1
    Game.useHud 1
    Game.menuMain BattlefieldMenu
    Game.menuInGame InGame
    Game.menuMap Map
    Game.DebugCallbackDisabled 0

Game.SoundBuffersize 400

run AliasedCommands.con

softRun ../../../Tools/Editors/Editors.con

-planetbattlefield.com

*it has been said that a higher number, such as 600 or 1000 could help as well. I seem to remember a fix like this when BF42 first came out and i don't remember it helping much.

Beefy Guest

I was flicking through a list of user submitted bugs on the planetbattlefield forums. There's a lot of them. :( And I've seen a few people comment that the new anti-armor class seems to be damn tough with both an m-60 and a LAW...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information