Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BATTLEFIELD: Vietnam

<center>
    BATTLEFIELD: Vietnam
    NVIDIA Editor's day
    </center>

Aside from Doom3, the most impressive title we were shown would have to be Battlefield: Vietnam. Representatives from Dice Canada and EA Games were on hand to give everyone a dose of the gameplay for this new title. Whether you be dropping napalm or getting your groove on to some great 70’s tunes while you mow people down from a helicopter, the immersion and realism of the game are incredible. Take the incredible versatility of BF1942 which we all love and give it a whole new graphics and physics engine. In the end, you have one of the most promising new titles we have seen in a very long time.

amdmb

BATTLEFIELD: Vietnam

I've been following BF:Vietnam for a while now. Granted, BF1942 is the only game I play on a regular basis, so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefull we will get a demo well ahead of the release date as we did with the first BF and latest expansion pack :)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Are the graphics on this game going to be comperable to the graphics experienced in HL2 and Doom 3? Also, do you know if htis game is going to play better with nVidia cards? I heard a while back that new EA games would be played better on nVidia cards, that i why i ask.

Thanx

you can get lots of screenshot and other info here: http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bfv/

I doubt it will look like hl2 or d3, as it's not really that kind of game. From what I've heard and seen, it will look very similar to the current BF42, although it will ovioulsy have some improvments.

Thanks for links Weta & MiniBubba, cuz i was asleep at the wheel on this game even bieng in production.............see how uneducated one becomes these days after being off the net for
    just 3 months?..............Hell, i'ld buy this release for the soundtrack alone, but, add to that the ability to relive the Marine ReCon experience of the Viet Nam Conflict with the chance to come out a Winner...................YeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaw , i'm buying my copy on advanced release pre-order.

But, do either of you know if this game will require a nVidia FX/ATI
    9800 card or better to play????? 'cause i couldn't get the movie to play in high res/got the sound track though, on my MSI Ti 4200.
    Maybe i just need to upgrade my Quick time player.
    Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by dryadsoul
    But, do either of you know if this game will require a nVidia FX/ATI
    9800 card or better to play????? 'cause i couldn't get the movie to play in high res/got the sound track though, on my MSI Ti 4200.
    from what I understand, the system req. are not going to be much more than they are with BF1942, and I play with all settings maxed with a Ti4200 (4x, 128 MB). However, if you want to play with AA and AF turned up, you will need a high-end card like ati's 9800.

As for the videos, I would at somthing other than your card. Even my old ati 7200 can play the high quality vids

Battlefield Vietnam site launched

EA has launched the official Battlefield Vietnam website, showcasing this upcoming sequel in the works at Digital Illusions Canada. The site offers details about the game features, several screenshots, the previously released trailers, and more. Battlefield Vietnam is scheduled for Spring 2004.

Battlefield Vietnam website

GH

I've been looking at this one for awhile. It seems to stress infantry combat a lot more than the previous Battlefields, and now infantry can do more damage. Vehicles still have advantages, mind you, but they aren't as huge as they are in the other games.

As far as graphics are concerned, the game will be pretty much the same, only now, characters are lower-poly, but benefit from normal mapping, so they look better despite lower polygon counts. Nearly everything, from the ground, vehicles, and even trees are bump mapped as well, and there is quite a bit of vegetation all over the place. It's also supposed to run nearly as well as the current Battlefield games, so that's a bonus.

There are a lot of people asking for ragdolls in this game as well over on message boards devoted to the game, but frankly, I don't think it's necessary. Sure, they'd be cool, but there was rarely a time in the original where you would see alot of clipping or hanging over a cliff by their feet, mostly due to the huge outdoor evironments. Death animations suit a game like this more, seeing as how they are more realistic than ragdolls, and the soft body physics (where characters will lie on the ground, even though it is angled, so there is no clipping on stairs and such) of the first game were just fine. Of course, if they were to combine ragdolls with death animations, that would be great as well.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Battlefield Vietnam hands-on preview

On December 8th, I had the fantastic opportunity to travel to EA’s offices in Redwood City in California to get a hands-on preview of their newest Battlefield series simulation, Battlefield Vietnam (BFV).

Previously, Battlefield 1942 was just a single game but it is clear that EA intends to make “Battlefield” a series of games. Their newest arena is the jungle of Vietnam.

Beyond the surface, there is some question as to whether Vietnam makes the best choice for a conflict. Some feel it is a sore that has yet to completely heal. EA is hoping gamers can distinguish game from reality just enough to play the game without reliving potential old wounds. I’m not from the Vietnam era so playing the game was a huge treat for me and I’m betting the Vietnam angle won’t be a hang-up for the vast majority of gamers.

The first thing to notice about BFV is the graphics. EA took precious time to strip out the old DX8 code and implement DX9 programming and the difference is quite apparent. Images are sharper and clearer with details well beyond BF1942.

Read the full story......

SimHQ

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    The first thing to notice about BFV is the graphics. EA took precious time to strip out the old DX8 code and implement DX9 programming and the difference is quite apparent. Images are sharper and clearer with details well beyond BF1942.
    that's the first time that I've heard BFV will be Dx9 and it's music to my ears

From the earlier screen shots that I saw I was afraid that the graphics where only going to be marginally better than BF1942. Perhaps I was wrong :)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information