Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF1942 Problem

this one doesn't seem to be on EA's site......well, anyways, after formatting my drive and installing a fresh os, i went to install BF1942, and @ the 66% mark it fails on initial install, citing the need for a media file it cannot access........any clues?.......

check the CD for scratches, clean the optical drive and/or try a different drive
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

i bought an optical cleaning disk, changed drives as per your suggestion, ............i did notice a repair kit for scratches on the cd, but i didn't bother as there are only a few very slight abrasions..........is it the disk?

if it's happening at about the same time, it's probbably the disk. If you can borrow, and I do mean borrow, a disk from someone else you should try it and see if you get the same results.

the exact same spot......both drives......didn't want to buy the game again, but it is one of my favorites.........just wanted to rule out anything else before it told me i had the same problem with a new game, thx bubba

I don't know what kind of game stores are in your area, but many sell used games real cheap

You can usually get a replacement disk cheaply from the manufacturer. Read the back of your manual for instructions. The error you've got does strongly suggest the disk is unreadable for some reason.

7.50 with the return of the original media, exchange.............thx, persian

it looks like you can input any cd code, as long as it is yours .........borrowed it from my friend, used my code, and, voila'..........................desert combat here i come.....there's a new mod, 5.0, it's killer

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    it looks like you can input any cd code, as long as it is yours .........borrowed it from my friend, used my code, and, voila'
    the same is true for most software. as long as you have a legit CD-Key it doesn't matter whos disks you use, which is what i was trying to tell you earlier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information