Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Which is better: Call of Duty or MOH

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Call of Duty vs. Medal of Honor

vote CoD

i really like the effect where when ur near an explosing it goes all blurry and u cant move fast or hear....then when its done u hear bullets flying past ur head. Thats a nice effect..

see now what im doing is beating the game with a rifle through the hole game on veteren as before.....its sooo hard, i cant wait for that russian mission where you get bum rushed by like 100 germans in that 5 story building
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

well i guess call of duty just spanked medal of honor......
    Lostprophets-

I've heard all your whining
    All this talk behind my back
    The time is coming
    The time is now for our attack
    A new sun rising
    A new one in your world of black
    Don't try to stop this
    You will break like glass

I much prefer Call of Duty over Medal of Honor. Engine inadequicies aside, CoD is a much more instense and realistic game. In MoH, you feel like a one-man army ala Master Chief storming through legions of enemies without taking a scratch. Definetly not authentic.

Mind you, MoH does have some nicer things about it. Everything has a slightly cartoonish vibe to it in CoD, mostly due to the smoother textures with little wear present. MoH seems to look a bit more Photorealistic. It also seems more authentic in it's weapons, though the fact that you can carry 300 bullets for your Thompson doesn't help to suspend my belief.

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. The AI in MoH is crap. Running against walls, getting stuck on loose polys on the ground, oblivious to the player in many cases, stand 'n shoot syndrome...CoD remedies all of these things. The enemies actually seem somewhat realistic, aside from perhaps the odd time they don't respond to grenades.

As for MoH: PA, it's not looking too shabby...but the console version, Rising Sun, is apparently no better than the others. Awful graphics, no physics, no bump-mapping/environment mapping, etc.. Hopefully, the changes seen in PA aren't just for the graphics...gameplay isn't supposed to be great in Rising Sun as well.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Default Re: Call of Duty vs. Medal of Honor

As a owner of both games: and have a clan running both, i think i am not biased on any decision, i like both, but either one has its advantages nor disadvantages.

We all agree that COD has the best WW2 FPS game establised for graphics. however, if you have played mohaa, its gameplay is the best. i love movements and i like how you have alot of control over your character, however.

ill set the fact here that everybody is scared of mentioning, while COD is great in its graphics, its gameplay bore's me. it lacks realism when your moving, the characters stay's still on user view, like your just floating straight, you dont get the side to side movement like MOHAA.
    and also, you cant say that the characters in COD is great, their legs are short and everbody looks like midgets* (little people i mean).

climbing stairs on COD is faster than walking, just go forward, and it seems that you just walked through an escalator going 3 times faster. which i dont like. it lacks realism.

let the facts set it straight, on gamespy, there are more than 1000+ players daily on the medal of honor servers. while COD has only 300, and not more than 500 daily, that just tells you the answer. more people still like MOHAA over COD. having both, i play MOHAA more.

its all about the gameply, i mean DOOM1 and 2 never had the best graphics, even when heritic and hexen came out, doom was still the perfered game, not because of graphics, but because of gameplay. REMEMBER THAT FOLKS.

hell, i still like playing the old kung fu games on nintendo.

Look here (moron) you not all that smart are you?. You're missing the main significant features from Cod it's not the graphics that makes the game so awesome. It's the gameplay, like you said the gameplay is important well have you ever realised (moron) that you can aimed down the gun sight and prone so you can b accurate.

As well as leaning around the corner, i tell mohaa is **** 100% and thats y Cod is better. Oh ah another thing you may find around the wrld that suggest that Cod ****s all over mohaa and even pc gameshop owners suggest that mohaa is ****. Activision had redesign the qk3 graphic engine so that you can hide from the ai in the bushes.

Now look at mohaa could u hide anywhere that is conceelment enough besides solid objects, no you couldn't what made the game so crap was the fact that ai was quick on the trigger so u won't gt a 1st shot at em. u rarely be out there with a team ur just a one man army. Cod had brought back the concept of comradeship have u seen band of brothers well this is what is like.

Another thing u can run side to side in cod I mean r u utterly goofy to say that u cant run side to side. It isnt really signifigicant or radical that 1000 plyrs play mohaa online and 300 on cod. now that doesn't really mean that people didn't like cod (Except you a little).

Wake up mate a shell is in ur face more people play cod rather than mohaa if u guys want to know what is the best shooter game it is sof (Soldier of fortune) 1 and 2. i think people would agree with on this issue. I still play sof2 alot as well as cod but here this my friend more people play cod that mohaa. "lieutenant sobel does not hate easy company...he just hates u".
    Last edited by Matthew; 12-06-2004 at 08:08 PM.

I prefer Medal of Honor over Call of Duty, less frantic and I prefer to go it alone rather than being a part of a group. Hate the crosshairs in CoD that don't focus till you stop moving and the stand and crouch features should use the same button. Just a preference, everyone has a right to their opinion and is not stupid if their pick isn't the same as yours.

well fair enough but u should be aware that the fact you are outnumbered in mohaa. that's why being part of a group is important nver mind about "can 1 man mke a difference". The whole point of Cod is being part of a group which i much prefer i mean you couldn't really survive without ya bros bruder

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information