Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GTA 2 on Win XP?

Can Grand Thief Auto 2 be run in Windows XP?

I get this message from its manager file.

(Grand Theft Auto 2 has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For an update that is compatible with this version of Windows, contact TAKE2interactive.)

I couldn't find an update at TAKE2interactive. GTA 3 and above were there but not 2. I'd like to try the game out becuase until recently have only tried 3 and above (I was recently a newbie to the original) but have nothing other than XP machines to run GTA 2.

I've also tried running 2 in Win 95 and Win 98 mode in XP but that didn't work either.

PATCH

This is a patch issued that fixes some of the problems with GTA2 and XP, you can download it from the provided link. 3.9Mb

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    PATCH

This is a patch issued that fixes some of the problems with GTA2 and XP, you can download it from the provided link. 3.9Mb

I updated with that patch but it's still the same thing. Are you running the game on XP? Maybe its my ATI video card.:?:

Thread Information