Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with Call of Duty and my PC.

Whats up guys. As some of you may know i bought Call of Duty yesterday...i have been playing continously...but sometimes...as i am playing my PC just exits the game and leaves me looking at my desktop. It has done this a bit too many times and it is getting annoying. It occuring frequently now. I touched my vider card and it seems hot with out even playing too much of the game. I cleaned out the fan and heatsink on both my processor and my video card. I beleive it my video card that is becoming very hot. I was thinking of running it past you guys...see of you guys can think of anything or what it mught be; maybe one of you guys have experienced this. This is the only game it does it with I also play BF1942, Splinter Cell, Halo, CS and Warcraft 3 and nothing happens with those. Any suggestions?

BTW the error on CoD is : " ERROR: unevent (null) whatever that means.
    - Damien

hmm, what vid card drivers etc are you using?:cheers:

Beefy Guest

Flaco, you should know better. :) We need PC stats before we start making stuff up.

You're right. Sorry. I have a

2500+
    WD 40 7200
    Ti 4600 with 56.14 driver
    Epox 's 8RDA (regular) with nvidia's latest chipset driver.

I just reformatted yesterday (i wanted to anyway) and i still have the same problem. I am thinking it might Direct X 9. Now after i reformatted it won't get past the main menu of the game. Thx for your attention.:)
    - Damien

Well a google search didnt turn up anything useful :( All I can think of is try rolling back ur vid card drivers to an older version :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by theyneverknew
    All I can think of is try rolling back ur vid card drivers to an older version :confused:
    That could be a very likely solution. Nvidia's new Forceware drivers were causing me slight problems in BF1942 and major problems in the Desert Combat mod. I assume nvidia changed something major along with the name change and it is causing problems with some games, CoD may be no exception.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I don't think that is the problem. Before the reformat i had an older version driver and the same thing. Do you think it has a to do with a Direct X 9 compaibility problem. Since i run a card that only supports DX8 or lower?

CoD asked me if I would like to install DX9 and so i did.
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    Do you think it has a to do with a Direct X 9 compaibility problem. Since i run a card that only supports DX8 or lower?

CoD asked me if I would like to install DX9 and so i did.
    did you have dx9 installed before you installed the game? Which version of Dx did it install? If it's not the latest you may want to update it.

I doubt it's the card support or I would be having problems as well. My Ti4200 plays it just fine.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I will give that a try. I just rolled back to a 43.00 driver str8 from nvidia archive. I last a bit longer on the menu ...it doesn't freeze BUT it just throws me off to my desktop and just puts up my brightness on my screen. Even on the games "safe mode" its chokes.

To answer you question MB, no i did not have DX9 installed previously but the game installed it for me. I will head on over microsoft's site and update it.

I thank you all for giving me a hand on this. I appreciate your time.:cheers:
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by FLaCo
    I will give that a try. I just rolled back to a 43.00 driver str8 from nvidia archive. I last a bit longer on the menu ...it doesn't freeze BUT it just throws me off to my desktop and just puts up my brightness on my screen. Even on the games "safe mode" its chokes.

To answer you question MB, no i did not have DX9 installed previously but the game installed it for me. I will head on over microsoft's site and update it.

I thank you all for giving me a hand on this. I appreciate your time.:cheers:
    This sucks...i came out with nothing.
    - Damien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information