Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Half-life 2 or Doom 3??

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-life 2 or Doom 3??

which one do u think will get betta rating or be more popular???i think doom 3 will:woot:

heres something about half-life 2:
    More ways to die. More reasons to live.
    1998: Half-Life sends a shock through the game industry with its combination of pounding action and continuous, immersive storytelling. Valve's debut title wins more than 50 game-of-the-year awards on its way to being named "Best PC Game Ever" by PC Gamer, and launches a franchise with more than eight million retail units sold worldwide.

Now: Half-Life 2.

By taking the suspense, challenge and visceral charge of the original, and adding startling new realism and responsiveness, Half-Life 2 opens the door to a world where the player's presence affects everything around him, from the physical environment to the behaviors -- even the emotions -- of both friends and enemies.

The player again picks up the crowbar of research scientist Gordon Freeman, who finds himself on an alien-infested Earth being picked to the bone, its resources depleted, its populace dwindling. Freeman is thrust into the unenviable role of rescuing the world from the wrong he unleashed back at Black Mesa. And a lot of people -- people he cares about -- are counting on him.

sorry i couldnt find anything on doom 3 ill post it as soon as i find info:rolleyes2
    INTERNET IS BORRIINNG NOWADAYS.....THE GOVERNEMNT SHOULD INVENT SOMETHING NEW......

sLim ShaDy: Half-Life 2

Doom III Rules

:snip:

:blah: :blah:

I'm thinkin' HL2 will be more popular, although I'm looking forward to both
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    I'm looking forward to both
    Hell yeah me to. I'm just a bit scared that my computer won't manage them in high res.. :(

I'm running 9800XT speeds now but the cpu might give up due to lack of speed and bandwidth..

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Hell yeah me to. I'm just a bit scared that my computer won't manage them in high res.. :(

I'm running 9800XT speeds now but the cpu might give up due to lack of speed and bandwidth..
    You can't be serious....

I'm waiting to see what happens at the later stages of development before I say which one I'd want to see more. I actually think that they will appeal to slightly different audiences, so it will be very interesting to see once they have been released.

Just get both.

I say HL2. BUt I been playing doom since it first came out in like 1996...i think. Ha im still playing doom.
    MOTHER BOARD : GIGABYTE K8N-SLI NForce 4
    PROCESSOR: AMD X2 3800+
    GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA 7800GT 256mb
    PSU: Enermax 535W
    MEMORY: Kingston 4x 512 pc3200 = 2GB
    Hard Drive: Seagate 300GB HDD 7,2000 RPM
    MONITOR: 19" Sony
    windows XP: home

Doom3 will be the most significant First Person Shooter release ever, second to Quake 1

Half Life 2 will run well on much weaker systems, and therefore be extremely popular to the entry level gamer, and to those who loved CS (expect a sequel)

The Doom3 engine will be chosen for nearly all FPS games in the next 3 years, just as Q3 was for the past three years.

They will both be excellent.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    Doom3 will be the most significant First Person Shooter release ever, second to Quake 1

Half Life 2 will run well on much weaker systems, and therefore be extremely popular to the entry level gamer, and to those who loved CS (expect a sequel)

The Doom3 engine will be chosen for nearly all FPS games in the next 3 years, just as Q3 was for the past three years.

They will both be excellent.
    I agree they'll both be excellent, though I don't believe that Doom 3 will be anywhere near as revolutionary as the original Quake.

Also, from what I've seen, Half-Life 2's Source Engine looks a lot nicer than Doom 3's engine. :)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information