Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unreal II: XMP

Being the Tribes addict that I am, I have been looking forward to Unreal 2ís eXpanded MultiPlayer for some time now based off the early previews, so it was quite a thrill to finally be able to try it late last week. While I still like Tribes more than XMP, I can definitely say without a doubt that XMP is one of the best multiplayer modes/games Iíve played all year, especially with its Tribes-lite approach. The jump-jet abilities are still a bit disappointing from the perspective of a guy used to skiing down hills, but Iíll adapt.

Really, the only flaw I can find is what Epic has done with XMP; itís completely stand-alone from Unreal 2, so why not make it free like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is? While XMP is fun, itís not going to sell a significantly large number of copies of U2 (special edition or not), and having to pay for U2 is going to limit growth a lot (ET, being free, is #2 on the GameSpy charts). Epic of course needs to re-coup its costs on making XMP of course, so an outright free release is unlikely, but once theyíre done, I donít think anyone would complain if they released it for free, so that everyone that wanted to play it could.

-The Hard Wire@HomeLAN
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I grabbed it a few days ago having no idea it even existed. It seems pretty cool, there are elements of RTCW and a lot of Tribes in it.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information