Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hitman 3

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    While I agree that gameplay is important, be honest with yourself and answer this question:

Would you buy a game with great gameplay but really crappy graphics?
    Depends on your definition of crappy... certainly, I wouldn't buy any game that looked like it was made in 1986. Guess what I was trying to say is that I rate gameplay as a much more important criterion when choosing games than graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Well what do you know... good graphics AND good gameplay/storyline. Kinda hard to beat a combination like that. Now if only they can get it out in the foreseeable future (thinks of the STILL unseen Duke Forever).
    Thats a good point, what happened to Duke forever:confused:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Hitman Contracts site launched

The official Hitman Contracts website has also been launched, showcasing this upcoming action sequel in the works at Io Interactive. The flash site offers a game overview, various details about the characters, locations & weapons, some (low-res) screenshots, and more. Hitman: Contracts will be released on PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC in April 2004.

Official website

GH

I know that this is usually your job, weta, but IGN PC has a new preview up with some nice new information along with some juicy new screenshots. This game is looking amazing. While the models aren't great themselves, the effects are very nice - distance blur, very nice-looking snow, bloom lighting, reflections...yes, I'm a graphics *****. :p

Andyway, go check it out...or don't...
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

I've always loved the hitman series, even if by producing them for the consoles they are getting progressively worse :yuc:
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Don't see how they're getting progressively worse. Hitman 2 was a great improvement over the original Hitman: Codename 47, and...oh, wait, we're only on the third game? Unless you're mixing franchises, there isn't really much margin for error. One game plus one game does not equal three games. I can't see how making it for consoles can make the series worse, either...after all, Hitman 2 was ported to consoles quite a bit after it was released originally on the PC. The console versions are PC ports, not the other way around.

but now games like hitman 3, Deus Ex 2 are console ports where it was the opposite in the first games of the series.

personally, I liked the original Hitman better than the second one. same with Deus Ex, and other games
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Wait, so Hitman: Contracts is being developed primarily for consoles and then being ported to the PC? That's odd, the screenshots I've seen are all from the PC version. :rolleyes:

As for Deus Ex: Invisible War, well, that's definetly understandable. It was originally being developed for the PC, but then Microsoft threw money at them, there were development conflicts, etc.. It resulted in half of the Deus Ex: Invisible War team leaving Ion Storm, apparently.

Hopefully we won't see the same thing with Thief: Deadly Shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    Wait, so Hitman: Contracts is being developed primarily for consoles and then being ported to the PC? That's odd, the screenshots I've seen are all from the PC version. :rolleyes:

As for Deus Ex: Invisible War, well, that's definetly understandable. It was originally being developed for the PC, but then Microsoft threw money at them, there were development conflicts, etc.. It resulted in half of the Deus Ex: Invisible War team leaving Ion Storm, apparently.

Hopefully we won't see the same thing with Thief: Deadly Shadows...
    as far as screenshots go, they always look better on a PC so thats the medium they are shown. when a game is released on the xbox and ps2 the only shots shown are xbox cause they look better.

PC developers have seen how much more money console games make when compared to PC games. therefore the build their games around console specs, not optimizing them for what PC's can handle. in general they build them for consoles cause that is what makes money.

An example of this is the interface of Deus Ex. The original deus ex had a fantastic interface that didnt translate to consoles well. So they completely re-worked it, now it's crap.
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

I don't deny a thing that you say, seeing as how it's all true, but I'd still like some proof that it is indeed being developed for consoles. After all, their most recent game, Freedom Fighters, was developed on the PC, then ported to consoles afterwards. I doubt that IO Interactive would do an about-face...but then again, the same things have happened in the past.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information