Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Battlefield 1942/DesertCombat

Well, does any one play this game(s)?? Personally it is my favorite game, it is so addiciting, and with my setup I run BF very very smooth with all settings cranked, but the new DC patch killed my performance in that, so its not quite as smooth, and Im too graphically greedy to turn down any goodies for better performance, so average I get in that game is probably like 50 fps.

I find these games to be very addicting because of the vehicles, huge maps, and the great weapons. It is just a massive game, and I am waiting for an FPS to beat this one for me, in terms of large scale warfare.

Yeah, the new desert combat mod is nice. With no fly zone map the clouds look realistic. Graphics are overall nice. Good multiplayer game too.

been playing BF1942 since the demo was released and been fragging in DC since 0.1. love them both. Havn't noticed a performance hit with the latest DC though.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I don't have the full version of BF 1942, or DC for that matter, but in the Secret Weapons demo, the game seems to hate all resolutions past 1024x758. I get average framerates of 90 fps, with the lowest being 60 at that resolution, but if I crank it higher, it drops noticably.

Might have been resolved in a new patch, though.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

I saw the introduction for the Secret Weapons of WWII and I got the game, towards the introduction movie there is a jet pack. Is there a jet pack in the actual game? If so which map?

the jet pacs are hidden in different places on all the maps.

it's like the .50 cal sniper in DC, if you want it you have to find it

it must suck for some ppl with older computers becuz some say they cant even play most dc maps any more with the new .6 patch that came out, but i dont find any lag in this game.
    MOTHER BOARD : GIGABYTE K8N-SLI NForce 4
    PROCESSOR: AMD X2 3800+
    GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA 7800GT 256mb
    PSU: Enermax 535W
    MEMORY: Kingston 4x 512 pc3200 = 2GB
    Hard Drive: Seagate 300GB HDD 7,2000 RPM
    MONITOR: 19" Sony
    windows XP: home

Are the jet packs in random places? Or do they stay in one spot all the time? Also which maps have the jet packs? Knowing makes it easier to start a search.

the jet packs stay in the same place, but if someone picks up and dies, it will stay where the person was killed.

afaik, jet packs are on all the offical SW maps. however, some maps have more than one.

Thread Information