Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost

Beefy Guest

No release date planned as yet, I'm guessing a demo (if they release one) will be shortly before the release.

It's looking like a Q3-Q4 '04 release...

That far off ? Damn...:mad:
    SPAM Special Ops

What ? Do you mean we will be able to go anywhere, like in multiplayer maps ?
    No, free-roaming gameplay everywhere. Through the whole God-damn compeltely dynamic, day-night cycling, randomly-weathered, 30 square kilometer world (about 24 km of which is incredibly accurately-modeled terrain from the actual city, along with photo textures from the same places).

The single player game has you as a Stalker, a scavenger of sorts who is looking for documents and artifacts from The Zone (the area where the nuclear accident took place in) to sell on the black market. The game goes until there are no objects left, and whoever gets the most wins. Within The Zone there are over 100 NPC characters who all go about their business. Some are other Stalkers, others are drug addicts, and some are merchants. There is also wildlife, which includes normal animals and mutants. They all need to eat, sleep, make sure they don't get sick, and go to the washroom - as do you.

Multiplayer is the same, except that the other Stalkers are other players.

It's incredibly revolutionary. Check out previews, the official website, and the forums for more information. The videos are also competlely mesmorizing...this trailer (Right click, Save Target As) is probably the best. Music is great as well, in my opinion.
    Weta, any word if there will be a demo and the proposed release date?
    The game is most likely going to be released Q2 2004, and a demo will most likely be released sometime in March or April for testing purposes.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Originally posted by [b]SearanoX
    No, free-roaming gameplay everywhere. Through the whole God-damn compeltely dynamic, day-night cycling, randomly-weathered, 30 square kilometer world (about 24 km of which is incredibly accurately-modeled terrain from the actual city, along with photo textures from the same places).
    So kind of like the old Zelda games....go anywhere, anytime....
    COOL ! :woot:
    SPAM Special Ops

Saw a video of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in action and this game looks very nice in motion:thumb: still not sure how you are going to be given missions and the scenary seemes rather sammy and bland but i'm sure they'll fix that up:thumb:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

The scenery isn't bland. There are frequent trees (which actually look like trees), some of the best vegetation you'll see in a game, and tons of wildlife, like rats. The game is not as empty as you may think. Look some more at the screenshots, and you'll see. Sure looks just as lively as Half-Life 2, if not more.

There aren't really "missions", either. If you'd read any of the stuff posted, you would know that you are looking for artifacts and documents of the scientists who were conducting nuclear experiments. Not only do these reveal storyline, they also are integral to finishing the game. There are also other friendlies in the game, some of whom you can even ally with and fight together.

Trust me, just go to the forums or the official websites. There's so much in this game, it's not funny.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    There's so much in this game, it's not funny.
    Have they got mimes and clowns?

Most likely. If they release a development kit of some sort, it's a definite yes. :p

sorry but if i wanted to see realistic vegetation i'd go outside i mean the whole point of games is to escape reality, what i'd like to see are a few more indore locations maybe something a lil imaginative instead of a sectret lab or a warehouse:laugh: seen too many of them:laugh:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydude
    sorry but if i wanted to see realistic vegetation i'd go outside i mean the whole point of games is to escape reality,
    Not always. Plus this could be used a second reality that most people wouldn't have any chance of experiencing.. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information