Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Tweaking

Thanks weta, but the list of things it does are all covered in the WinXP guides. Therefore if someone's already used those guides, there is nothing much this app can do. In fact there's a bit of a worry since it turns off services and changes certain settings without the user knowing precisely what is being changed and why - making troubleshooting even harder.

If you feel lucky give it a try, but I always recommend doing something like following a reputable XP guide since you can see which tweaks do what, you can choose which to apply, and you will also optimize the settings more accurately, since a program cannot determine your optimal settings for everything (like menu speeds, visual effects you want on/off, services you may need etc.).

The thing is PI for someone who doesn't feel confident enough or is to lazy to carry out manual optimizations then it maybe a god send for them so why not try it out and see how it stacks up and then report back on it as this question has been asked a few times now.

Fair enough, but I had a look through the list of things it alters and what the alterations are and to be honest I'd personally be quite afraid of using it on my system. As I said, it goes down to the level of automatically altering your Services, which is something that even people who follow my guides often mess up (despite detailed instructions).

I was just giving a warning to people that it would be very difficult to troubleshoot if you have problems after using this program, but of course feel free to use it and see how you go :)

Thanks for the effort in posting the proggie.

Pending time, and my level of insomnia over the next couple days.. I will Benchmark my PC after a stock installed, a Game XP install and the Tweak Guide Install.

See if it makes a difference, better or worse.

Ill report back If/When I get it done.. as for now... Work keeps getting in the way of my fun..

Mad2k3

It makes a nice difference on benchmarks, though in gaming situations, it's not a huge increase. I saw an increase of about 300 on 3DMark' 01, and maybe 100 on '03. In games, the most it'll do is give you a 1-3 fps boost and perhaps keep the framerate a little more stable.

Still, that's just me. You might see a bigger increase.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

It will have the same effect on games and benchmarks alike, they are no different in the way your system handles them.

300 points in 3DMark01 is only +2-3fps per test.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Having looked through the detailed list of changes the utility makes, and seeing that they are the usual XP performance tweaks already covered in my XP guide, I again politely suggest that if you've already used the main XP performance tweaks, there's nothing in this utility which will improve your performance noticeably.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information