Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry Demo

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    I can't attach the screenshot I took due to forum problems :(
    I know what ya mean, it seems a bit hit or miss lately :tears:

anyway, I'll give it a try...

*woohoo, success :cool:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Well damn... thanks a whole lot. :scream:

goes off to download yet another CD sized game demo :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Well damn... thanks a whole lot. :scream:
    glad to be of service *bows*

:laugh:

And here's one of the pretty nature scenery:

Note that due to JPG compression and reduction in size from 1280x1024 original the effects are lost a fair bit.

I've never read anywhere that Half Life 2 or Doom 3 will perform any better than 60fps at 1024x768 medium settings. Even 60fps is an exaggerated performance indicator IMHO, because that doesn't indicate whether that's with EAX enabled (and how many channels), and genuine AI. Remember all the "previews" have been set pieces, where the CPU hasn't had to determine AI "on the fly".

Compression isn't all that bad, actually.

And yes, 'tis a great-looking game indeed. I run it at 1024, but I'm thinking of increasing the screen resolution if it doesn't give too much of a performance hit.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Far Cry Dev Studio raided

Coburg (Bavaria, Germany), 04.February 2004 - Today at 9.00 am, there was a raid at Crytek's offices in Coburg, Germany. Due to an alleged claim of a disgruntled ex-intern, Crytek´s office complex was investigated for using more copies of a software brand with the incorrect number of licenses purchased.

The management of Crytek is grateful for the diligence of the German Police Department concerning protected software and fully cooperated in every way. As a software developer, Crytek is always interested in properly obtaining and utilising third party software. Development of the eagerly awaited Far Cry was only delayed for three hours while police cleared the matter with Crytek and it's management staff.

Despite false allegations that have appeared in various media and forums, no inventory or personnel were affected in any way. Crytek would like to assure its fans that completion of Far Cry remains on track.

GH / Crytek press release

Quote Originally Posted by weta
    Far Cry Dev Studio raided
    now what could someone seriously expect to accomplish by falsely accusing a company of illegally using software? Considering it only took a grand total of 3 hrs to search the place, I don't see what anyone could have expected to get out of it.
    :confused:

Far Cry goes gold
    Ubisoft to release two more single-player demos in anticipation of launch

San Francisco - March 09, 2003 - Ubisoft(tm), one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced its highly-anticipated tactical tropical shooter, Far Cry(tm) has gone gold. Far Cry is scheduled to release on March 23, and in anticipation for the Far Cry launch, Ubisoft has commissioned two more action-packed single-player demos to release in March. The Far Cry "Research" demo is currently available online and appears as the featured demo on PC Gamer's April issue demo disc, which hits newsstands on March 16. The third and final demo, entitled "Boat," is a Windows XP demo that will release worldwide on March 15. Far Cry will be available for the PC for a suggested retail price of $39.99.

"We wanted to do something special for the supportive Far Cry community to commemorate reaching its gold milestone," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "More than one million people feverishly downloaded Far Cry's first single-player demo, and we expect to see the same excitement for the upcoming "Research" and "Boat" demos. We know the demos will only increase gamers desire to play the final game on March 23."

Far Cry boasts the critically-acclaimed, proprietary CryENGINE, and its huge game environments, deadly A.I., and the longest view-distance ever witnessed in a first-person shooter are destined to become benchmarks in the genre. The CryENGINE powers the game's non-scripted AI allowing players to play the game again and again utilizing different tactics and strategic approaches each time. Far Cry redefines the meaning of re-playability. Players will experience an unprecedented level of immersion as they uncover the game's many intricacies and unbelievable attention to detail.

Additionally, Far Cry will ship with the intuitive, Sandbox Editor(tm). CryENGINE technology allows for the easiest, most user-friendly map-editing tools ever created. Players can build their own maps, re-construct game levels, and switch from editing to playing on the fly with one simple command. The editor's key component is its "What You See is What You Play" real-time editing feature, allowing players to actually play the game from within the editor itself, making the transition from creating to playing instantaneous. Please visit www.farcry.ubi.com for the latest information and assets from Far Cry.

Ubisoft press release

great news, but my wallet is going to kill me... UT2k4, BF:V, and now FarCry all being released within 2 weeks of each other

Wow, gone gold already? Hmm...don't know if I'll be picking this up soon what with Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes coming out this week (w00t), and I'll probably be getting UT2004...

Oh, and on a side note, I played the second demo, and things seem to be more refined, especially when it comes to performance. You also get to truly see the beauty of the DX9 shaders ( wet reflections on stone look real). The only thing is that the second demo is a bit short.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information