Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Far Cry Demo

Far Cry demo

A bit earlier than originally planned, the Far Cry demo is now available for download, allowing you to try out this upcoming FPS developed by Crytek. This massive single player demo offers "a full island, several weapons, and plenty of enemies."

Download (496.9 MB)

GH

Yep, I'm downloading it right now. Currently at about 40%...hopefully it's worth the wait.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

I don't know, I found it to be a little disappointing. It looks, and plays pretty buggy on my system, and it's just not that amazing besides the cool DX9 graphics, and the nice gun models/skins.

Yeah, the game looks very nice, though it likes to drop below 30 fps in some situations on my P4 3.0/9800 Pro/512 PC3200. Apparently CryTek said that the demo released was in fact an older build of it, and that there were some performance problems in there as well as a few bugs. I've seen a lot of things on the Ubi Soft forums, and it looks like they're actually taking into account the changes being suggested by fans.

I think I'll be buying this is they can improve performance somewhat and fix a few of the bugs. As of right now, though, it's certainly a very good game...it could just be a little better.

I love the demo, the final version is a must buy. The biggest performance hit for me (P42.66/9800 Pro) was the Shadows setting. I took it down from Very High to Medium, and kept everything else at Very High @ 1280x1024 0xAA 0xAF and it runs smoothly everywhere. Looks great too.

You will also need to turn AF off if you run an ATI card with the 4.1 or 3.10 Cats, otherwise you get black rock glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    You will also need to turn AF off if you run an ATI card with the 4.1 or 3.10 Cats, otherwise you get black rock glitches.
    I certainly hope that gets fixed before the final game is released :(

Downloaded it last nigh but I havn't played it yet, looking forward to it.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Alright, I'll try turning down down the shadows. I have them at High right now, so that may be the problem...

I'm also running at 1024x768 with that.

EDIT: Seems to run a bit more nicely with shadows at medium, though it's still prone to chopping in the very large outdoor environments and with multiple enemies on-screen.

well the demo was very enjoyable, but they've still got a lot of optimization to do. I shouldn't have had to turn down the graphics as far as i had too to play well. And PersianImmortal was right, AA & AF on ATi cards (9800 pro in this case) renders the game completely unplayable :(

To the game's credit, once I started playing I compeletly forgot about all of that^
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

This game looks damn good!

1280x1024 all maxed.. Well have a look.. hehehe

Yeah, I went back and actually beat this demo with a buddy of mine, and I must admit, it is a very cool game. ALso, those rock glitches were really bothering me, but Ill rebeat it later with AF off. Very cool, and if it were more optimized, I would definitely consider buying it(if I had the $).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information