Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BattleField 1942 help with 1.6

When I got this new patch (1.6) I was happy about it untill I installed it. When I start the game up the movie and the whole screen is to the bottom right and only can see about half the screen? I don't know if anyone else had a problem like that but if they did please tell me how you fixed it or if you know please help.
    Been a member way to long lol ;)

Asus Laptop!!!!!!!:
    Core 2 duo 2.5
    Geforce 9500 512mb
    250 gig hard drive
    4 gigs DDR2 ram!
    64 bit Vista Ultimate and loving it :)

I havn't had any problems with the patch at all yet, seems like the best patch to-date. Try untinstalling the game, reboot, then reinstall it and reapply the patch. There is also a chance your download could have been corrupted.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Well, personally, I could have had that problem, but I disable that movie to save myself some time, and I suggest you do the same. Just right click, and go to properties on your BF1942 icon, and under the target destination, at the end of it, make it say this:

.....BF1942.exe" +restart 1

And after applying that, the moveis shouldn't even appear, and it should save you time, and get rid of your problems.

Btw, minibubba, what do you think of the new map?? I think it is lacking in terms of vehicles, but at the top of it, in that little village type area, some very cool battles tend to take place for that triangle of flags. Great patch, besides the things it screws up with Desert Combat, but it can all be easily fixed.

I've only played that map once and I liked what I saw, although there were only 6-7 ppl on it at the time. All the patches break the mods so I havn't even attempted to play DC since I installed 1.6, completely removed it in fact. Hopefully I'll get some more time to try the new map again this weekend.

*is it just me, or did the tank shells get a new sound? I don't remember hearing a whistle on incoming shells before :confused:

btw, you can also stop the movies from playing by modifying the file names. I prefer to add a .x to the end, such as Intro.bik.x

Hey man Ive got the same problem! Its all half-screen even at menu, but when I play a map it goes full screen and centers. Unfortunately when I want to quit I have to use CTRL-ALT-Delete cause the half of the screen with the quit button is cut off. The 1.5 patch works fine tho.
    Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHZ 533FSB
    1024MB PC-3200 DDR-SDRAM
    Sapphire Radeon 9800PRO 128MB
    Foxconn 865-PE6LS Motherboard
    Western Digital WD400BB 40GB, Western Digital WD600BB 60GB Hard Drives
    POWTEC Demon 480W PSU
    Dell UltraSharp 18001FP 18" LCD Monitor
    Windows XP Professional SP2

Not sure about that problem but I am an avid BF42 gamer, what I did was change the name of the intro movies to .bak from .bik in 42, RTR and DC. You can find them in your BF42 folder under movies and DC and RTR folders under movies
    Still learning about Computers, I ask because I don't know.

Has anyone gotten the NoCd Patch to work. I followed the directions from tweak guide and it still asks for the cd

sorry, but even if it's covered in the guides, we're not going to cover cracks in here :)

Sorry I'm just trying to stop from scratching up my disk

Thread Information