Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Sony vaio / Delta Force / AA

Newbie here guys so please bare with me if I am asking a stupid question or posting in the wrong board.

I have a problem with my Sony Vaio desktop when playing Delta Force Black Hawk Down or Americas Army.

When playing Delta Force, the system will just reset in the middle of play. It does not do it everytime but pretty close to it.

When playing Americas Army, all is fine until I exit the game. When I exit it causes the computer to reset.

I have went through Novalogics tech support with no results and the same with Sony tech support.

(I have the latest video drivers installed)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help would be greatly appriciated.

My setup
    Sony Vaio
    2.6ghz
    512m
    ATI Radeon 9200

Quote Originally Posted by trhea
    Newbie here guys so please bare with me if I am asking a stupid question or posting in the wrong board.

I have a problem with my Sony Vaio desktop when playing Delta Force Black Hawk Down or Americas Army.

When playing Delta Force, the system will just reset in the middle of play. It does not do it everytime but pretty close to it.

When playing Americas Army, all is fine until I exit the game. When I exit it causes the computer to reset.

I have went through Novalogics tech support with no results and the same with Sony tech support.

(I have the latest video drivers installed)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help would be greatly appriciated.

My setup
    Sony Vaio
    2.6ghz
    512m
    ATI Radeon 9200
    Could be alot of things. Did you upgrade that video card or did it come with the system? If you upgraded the video card then its possible that the little unstable Power Supply that Sony uses in their systems isn't enough to do the job when intense graphics are running on your P.C using your new hardware.. Also if you upgraded the card check your Cmos settings and make sure everything pertaining to your new hardware is set the way it should be. Be sure the onboard video is disabled if you have a seperate video card. ATI cards are sensitive to certain settings so make sure you cover everything.

Unstable System Ram is another possible cause so test your Ram.

Make sure all your drivers and bios are up to date and that you have no hardware conflicts.

Those are the things I would cover first and go from there.

Thanks for the reply Spongebob,

The video card came with the machine, I have not made any modifications to it other than download the ATI "cat" uninstaller and then load the new video drivers.

Again, being a Newbie take it easy on me but how would I check to see if the Bios is up to date? and how would I test the RAM?

Thanks guys for tolerating these questions? I am trying to read through some of the Tweak Town guides now to get caught up with you guys, lol :drool:

Again thanks for your time and patience,

Quote Originally Posted by trhea
    Thanks for the reply Spongebob,

The video card came with the machine, I have not made any modifications to it other than download the ATI "cat" uninstaller and then load the new video drivers.

Again, being a Newbie take it easy on me but how would I check to see if the Bios is up to date? and how would I test the RAM?

Thanks guys for tolerating these questions? I am trying to read through some of the Tweak Town guides now to get caught up with you guys, lol :drool:

Again thanks for your time and patience,

To test your Ram, I've heard people suggest free programs like Memtest but to save a little time and I'm assuming your system has 2 256mb ram modules, I'd just pull one of them out and see if the game that crashes\resets the most still does the same thing and then ofcoarse if it does try taking out the other module and put the one you pulled 1st out back in and test it again. If its Ram chances are only one module would be bad.

For Bios update, I'd guess Sony has a webpage to get updates for their products. I'd suggest looking through the manual or doing a google search to find the right webpage to get an update for your bios, as well as all your other drivers.

P.S.......I'm assuming your running Windows XP so you might want to check your event veiwer in the control panel under Administrative tools (system) and double click on the errors when your system crashed or your program quit working (red X's), then do a google search on the fualt pertaining to the problem to see if you come up with any other answers that might pinpoint the problem there.

Thread Information