Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CS install probs

Any one have advice for installing CS? direct links to patchs and what not that i need to d/l?

ive been trying all day and can't...

for one of the best mulitplayer games, they sure dont make it easy to do a fresh install!!!!!

i have tried insatlling half li9fe, then CS, then d/l steam 1.6, but it wouldnt work, then i tried half life, then steam, and still wouldnt work.....:hammer:

anybody? : party ha

forgot to ask, if anyone out there can tell me, is the steam server down as well!? cause now i cant even connect to that to update....

The easiest way is to download the Steam installer including the cache files. You can get that here
    It is a big download, so when complete, you should burn it on a cd for future use.
    First remove all CS and half life installations. You only need to use the steam installer and you half life key. The HL cd can be used to make a nice coaster :)

as far as I know the server isn't down. Have you opened all the ports on your firewall/router?
    "Make FPS, not war"

yea thanks i got to work, i flushed everything out, tried again, but then steam was down for a bit, tried again, and all i well...

then i was trying DoD, and kept getting kicked, but a simple switch to OGL made that go away :)

Thread Information