Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: halo what the?

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    From what I've heard, minibubba is a "young 'un", anyway.
    you've got to be kidding me :rolleyes2
    I'd love to know where you 'heard' that from...
    If i recall correctly, I'm nearly the same age as beefy.

anyway, nothing is playable at 10 fps. If you have actually tried it you would know this, or your highly delusional.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Meh, I must be mistaken about your age, then.

And I'm not "highly delusional". I was playing games like Halo at sub-15 fps at times, and I found them to be quite playable. As enjoyable as a clean, steady 60 fps? No, of course not. Was I able to play the game properly (e.g., complete it, use all of the things available normally)? Yes, I was. Our definitions of playable must be completely different. I certainly know that I've become spoiled by "godly" framerates...as I said, it felt incredibly strange to go to a much faster machine from a slower one...everything seems almost too smooth. Going back to a slower system now for me is very, very strange as well, but once you get used to it, it's fine. Sure, you won't be dominating multiplayer and getting flawless scores, but you'll definetly be able to enjoy the game.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Heh, not all of us are used to high framerates, I'm one of them who can easily play a game at anything over 10-12fps, depending on the game,
    I can't STAND anything under 30fps, anything over that is unnecessary.

as for Halo, I played in on the xbox and thought it was ok. I hated it on the PC, and now that UT 2004 is out I see no reason to still be discussing Halo
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

certainly know that I've become spoiled by "godly" framerates...as I said, it felt incredibly strange to go to a much faster machine from a slower one...everything seems almost too smooth. Going back to a slower system now for me is very, very strange as well, but once you get used to it, it's fine. Sure, you won't be dominating multiplayer and getting flawless scores, but you'll definetly be able to enjoy the game.

Same here, odd how the two kids are the ones that can deal with the slow framerates :p

Although, perhaps age and experience has something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by JSN
    as for Halo, I played in on the xbox and thought it was ok. I hated it on the PC, and now that UT 2004 is out I see no reason to still be discussing Halo
    Wait, so UT2004 is, like, an upgraded Halo or something? They're vastly different games. Halo is slower-paced, but also has more balanced weapons, vehicles, soon single-player co-op, and tons of other things that seperate it from UT2004.

Of course, I'm not saying that UT2004 is bad (it's far from that), but comparing it to Halo is kind of, well, closed-minded. If you can't notice the key gameplay differences, then...well, what can I say?

Wait, so UT2004 is, like, an upgraded Halo or something? They're vastly different games. Halo is slower-paced, but also has more balanced weapons, vehicles, soon single-player co-op, and tons of other things that seperate it from UT2004.

Of course, I'm not saying that UT2004 is bad (it's far from that), but comparing it to Halo is kind of, well, closed-minded. If you can't notice the key gameplay differences, then...well, what can I say?
    its not like you cant compare the two, they are very similar. as far as i'm concerned, everything Halo does UT 2004 does better. plus UT 2004 is solidly coded, where Halo is a slap in the face
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

So? Unreal Tournament and Quake III have similar gameplay elements, does that mean that they're essentially the same game? What about Red Orchestra and Medal Of Honor? I know that they have similarities, but that certainly doesn't mean that they're the same game.

Your definition of "better" is a bit weak as well. How exactly are they better?

So? Unreal Tournament and Quake III have similar gameplay elements, does that mean that they're essentially the same game? What about Red Orchestra and Medal Of Honor? I know that they have similarities, but that certainly doesn't mean that they're the same game.

Your definition of "better" is a bit weak as well. How exactly are they better?
    well, i've just been stating my opinion, so I dont know how many "hard facts" I can give you.

to me, UT and Q3 felt entirely different, in their gameplay. it is also my opinion that Halo is freakin' boring, everything looks the same and the gameplay isn't to engaging. in short, shooting your enemy isn't fun.

i've always been partial to UT, although UT 2003 fell victim to what Halo did IMO. I guess i'm having trouble adjusting in a world in which I am the only person who HATED Halo. well...not the only person...

:D
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Ah, gotta love Penny Arcade...it can quell any argument. :D

Sure, Halo is a wee bit bland when it comes to level design, but it makes up for it with AI, an interesting storyline, a great multiplayer mode, and a bevy of other things. I don't say that you have to like it, but you're saying that UT2004 is a better game in every way despite massive gameplay differences. Not to the point of apples to oranges, but it's still a bit much to compare them so blatantly.

I would write up something longer, but really, if you're a Halo hater, then there's not much I can do to convince you, I'm sure. You either love it or hate it, it seems.

let's take a vote, who thinks Halo should have been left on the xbox and not that great to start with?

*counts hands*

Halo loses, move on.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information