Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the best gaming device for CS?

Well, all the talk about HF and CS..I decided to pick up the platinum pack. I played the game only a few times...hmm Didn't last but a few seconds :)... I have been hanging around in the training area for the past few days and been doing better with the controls.

My main problem is that I am using my mouse and keyboard since I can't get my Wingman digital extreme joystick to work (via game port). I have read a few articles about loosing features on the devices that connect using the gameport as compared to the USB port.

Since then I bought a Microsoft Sidewinder gamepad but it look exactly like my cheap/old propad 6 by interact. I tried to set ip up in CS but it wont detect the movements using the up,down,left and right ....8way D pad.

Now I am in seek of another gaming device that is perferred to be playing CS.

any opinions or recommendations?

My advice would be to use your KB and Mouse, a gamepad would be way too slow to be effective...

Beefy Guest

I agree.. to play games like CS / HL properly, there is no beating a standard keyboard and a top notch mouse. People just don't play FPS games with gamepads / sticks.. that's why FPS games on console don't seem to be as popular as on PC (with a couple exceptions...)

I find mashing my head into the keyboard gets me headshots everytime in CS.

Beefy Guest

headshots or a headache? how many blows to the head have you taken this way? :D

I am getting use to the keyboard and mouse...I guess I need to configure the controls to for my optimized performance...

Anyone want to play with a newbie....but here are the rules...

You can't fire upon me unless I fire upon you :)
    You can't sneak up on me or take a shot from behind or above :)
    You can't kill me with in 1 min of the game :)

Ha!.....
    See, I told you I was not that strict!

i'll play you, you take a colt, i'll have the glock, or dual berattas :p

And I shall join in :). Cos I can :).

Well, I can't really. But the intention is there.

Yes, the KB + mouse have done for FPS's, what the stick shift has done for car racing, (opposed to a throttle)

I cannot stand consoles anymore because of the lack of presicion in the controls. If you think you are good at a console FPS with a normal controller, give me a KB and mouse and I will beat the pants off you.

When would be a good time to play?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information