Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia to bundle Doom III

AS WE PREDICTED a fortnight ago, ID Software has struck a deal with Nvidia to bundle Doom III.

See here.

We also noticed at this page that this game is likely to hit the shelves on April 15th and this might be the right time for Nvidia to introduce its new GPUs.

We donít even question that Nvidia will bundle the game rather then the ATI vouchers just so it can steal a march on its competitor.

ATI could be under great pressure this time since Nvidia will presumably be able to ship the game with the NV40.

-http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14459
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Wow
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Doom what? Any updates on the HL 2 release?
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Well, looks like 2004 will be the showdown between the sales of HL2/AtI Cards vs. D3/Nvidia cards hehe. Maybe this will force the HL2 team to push for a quicker release date.....lets hope for the best.

Beefy Guest

I'd rather they didn't push, and actually release a complete game.

So what if Doom 3 comes out a couple months before? People are gonna buy either / both games no matter what. This way, they have a chance to get over Doom 3 before starting on HL2.

It's actually better this way, rather than a close release, or HL2 coming out first. Due to the small MP portion of Doom 3, there's not as much longevity in it (mods aside). HL2 will probably amass a huge online following again. This way, both games get a fair share of the target audience without any major competition

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    I'd rather they didn't push, and actually release a complete game.

So what if Doom 3 comes out a couple months before? People are gonna buy either / both games no matter what. This way, they have a chance to get over Doom 3 before starting on HL2.

It's actually better this way, rather than a close release, or HL2 coming out first. Due to the small MP portion of Doom 3, there's not as much longevity in it (mods aside). HL2 will probably amass a huge online following again. This way, both games get a fair share of the target audience without any major competition
    2 words, Counter-Strike 2
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Beefy Guest

I certainly hope not...

why the hell not? many say CS is the best online shooter...or online game of all time. it certainly is the most popular
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

it's only popular because it will run on anyone's PC. I would hardly call it one of the best :thumbs do
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    it's only popular because it will run on anyone's PC. I would hardly call it one of the best :thumbs do
    so starcraft is still popular cause it'll run on any modern machine? hell, any game from 1999 back could pretty much be played on any machine, CS is the only one still popular (the most popular)
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information