Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: XBoX. Is Cool.

I must admit, resident evil is looking pretty bloody fantastic. But I have 0 faith in Nintendo. Like you said- they have their market. Kiddie games.
    Plenty of people got screwed with the n64, so those people also have little or no faith in nintendo, so they wont be getting a 'cube. If these people dont get the cube, no point in nintendo getting the developers to make the kick-ass games that appeal to kids older than 14.

I dont see myself spening the 300odd buks just to play 'old favourites' either.

Beefy Guest

I've never really played an N64 much, due to the fact that i don't really know anyone who has one. But there were some games that I did play, and did enjoy. The three big ones were Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario 64 and Conker's Bad Fur Day. These showed me that Nintendo still know how to make quality.. it's just they don't make enoguh based at the upper age market. Then again, Conker's wasn't really suitable for kiddies.. :)

it really is the games that make the system.. don't forget that like the xbox the n64 was more powerful than it's sony counterpart... those said... xbox does seem to have a lot of support for their games.. .but since i don't know of them coming out with some of my faves.. i don't think it would be a system i would get... no final fantasy... not that i've heard of anyways... and the xbox seems to have started with a lot of pc ports.. i mean halo started off as a pc game but was moved over to the xbox (am waiting for the pc version though :thumb: )... that to me was a turnoff.. but i guess it was just a foot in the door tactic...

p.s. does anyone know if the new final fantasy XI will be anygood... i'm not familiar with online rpgs and don't know how well they play out.. but i guess that's just off topic...

The Xbox rules.

i got one last week with Halo and DOA 3.

It's great.

'The Creator' thinks so to.
    Xbox's are good

**cough**
    I'll say its good, but DOA3 is pathetic, you can't even do any energy attacks!! pffft!
    But i will say that Halo is quite a good, it is quite entertaining running helpless ppl on a motorbike/buggy thingy, hehehehe, but don't get run over by a slow bulking tank, it is quite embarrsing, not that i've done that or anything....

:smokin:
    A fate worse than death is to be forgotten...

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

I just rented the xbox from the local video store and was playing halo on it... i must say that it was a good game... the single player is pretty fun... i can't wait for the pc version.. however the multiplayer could use some help.. it would have been better if the coopertavive mode could be played by more than 2 players.. and the other mode is just boring because the levels are so huge... but other than that it was good... i mean i hate playing fps on consoles.. but i spent alot of time on this one... however that demo of fussion frenzy is the gem of the game...

i must say altohugh the xbox has some nice harware i have to point out the few deadly flaws....

1.xbox may have some impressive games, but ultimately u will neva get the freedom of games with a PC

2.while teh hardware is quite impressive rite now...in a yr or so it'll just be wat consoles always are...ageing, outdated gaming platform

3.while teh controller is superior, most games, especially fps and rts will always play much better on a mouse/keyborad

4.u can't get attached to a console...it's merely a game box...u can;t show it off ay LAN parties...upgrade it...tweakor o/c...PC's are a big part of us...we use it for gaming as well as other life-important things....an xbox can't be your prode and joy...do u see forums liek this based on xbox's?

while i don't like consles i must say that the xbox shows alot more promsie than anything else so far...:cheers:
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050

Quote Originally Posted by that killa
    i would have to say the xbox is nothing special....

controller is a *****....:thumbs do
    looks bad.....:thumbs do
    specs are old compared to a pc.....:thumbs do
    games aret all that.....:thumbs do
    halo 'the best game' is still a fps console game (cannot happen with a joystick).....:thumbs do

graphics are nice tho....:thumb:
    As an adult and parent of 15 year-olds and up; I love the controller...but I can see where younger children and most women might find it too big.

Personally I think it looks better than any console yet.....bigger yes, but you have to build it large enough to accomodate all that lucious hardware.

Specs are old.......for 0 what did you expect.....P4 2 GHz??? And if IT'S specs are old, the competition's are positively ancient. Besides, as we white men are found of saying, it ain't the size of the wand, it's the magic in it! Console software gets optimized SO much more than PC software, that it doesn't need all that untapped, PC horsepower.

With a few exceptions you're right about the games....for now. However, by Christmas 2002 I expect that to be a moot point.

Halo rocks, but I agree with you on the FPS/console issue. However, I must say that the XBOX setup with Halo is the first time I can actually play and enjoy a FPS on a console. I'm not anywhere near as good as I would be on a KB/Mouse (and can't wait for the PC version), but it's good enough to be enjoyable. I never lasted more than 5 VERY frustrating minutes with the Dreamcast/Quake III setup. That said, nothing this side of a full fledged LAN party beats couch fragging with a friend or 3!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chisholm
    i must say altohugh the xbox has some nice harware i have to point out the few deadly flaws....

4.u can't get attached to a console...it's merely a game box...u can;t show it off ay LAN parties...upgrade it...tweakor o/c...PC's are a big part of us...we use it for gaming as well as other life-important things....an xbox can't be your prode and joy...do u see forums liek this based on xbox's?
    I too, am a diehard PC gamer; however I bought an XBOX for my sons (and I bought the PC so they can do homework, right? ;) )

What I don't understand is the typical complaint by the PC crowd against it.....you can't upgrade it ....blah blah. You get the whole freakin' thing with: DVD playback, dolby 5.1 sound, AND Geforce 4 level graphics 6 months BEFORE the GF 4 is available to PC enthusiasts.......all for $100 less than a GF4 card, alone. It will have a life span of 3 to 4 years and for the first two years the graphics will rival anything that will be available on our PCs because the games WILL take full advantage of the hardware (as opposed to PC games that as of this date still don't push GF3-level hardware). If PC gaming could ever get it's s*** together so that 2 people could play a game head to head with joysticks on a PC, maybe we wouldn't need a console. But try as I might, I've never been able to make that work. Plus, it's nice to have my PC freed up for other important things; like Medal of Hon ...... er..... a..... Homework :D :cool:
    Shuttle AK31 Rev 3.1
    XP 1600+
    XP Home Ed.
    Geforce GTS 2
    SB Live Value
    IBM Deskstar 75 GXP 30 GB
    TDK 12/10/32 Writer
    512 Crucial PC2100 DDR
    Netgear RT314

Beefy Guest

Just to be picky, the X-Box uses a GPU halfway between the Geforce 3 and 4.. so it's not really a GF4... but it's better that a 3.. :)

i am not saying that the xbox is bad....i'm just saying that for most die-hard PC gamers there is no reason to get an xbox....although it is quite useful for stopping other family members from hogging the PC:D

lol yea....my PC is for homework...just like my ADSL is for 'faster research for school assignments':cheers:
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050