Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have XBOX/GAMECUBE or both???

Beefy Guest

:) like i said, they wanna bridge the gap between everything and have a great big, microsoft controlled world.. :) their console is more like a unchangable, portable PC...

/anger subsiding.
    /me is going to be ok
    /me passes out.

Beefy Guest

/me starts laughing
    /me giggles like a little girl
    /me decides to shut up before i make a fool of myself...

WOW big joint!!!!
    My System:
    AMD XP1700+@XP2000
    ECS K7S5a Motherboard
    512 MB PC2700 DDR Ram
    Geforce 2 Pro 64 MB

what is he smoking? a nappy :eek:

While the gamecube may be an impressive system, its games are dreadful. Until nintendo can pick their game up (no phun intended) and get their roots out of the under15s market, i wont go near the gamecube with a 40foot pole.

And the gamecube controller?
    what 'control'er?
    'nuff said

PS2 I like in many ways, but I dont like where Sony are taking it. While the hole 'digital entertainment hub' idea is great, I really only want something to play sweet games on. And that leaves the xbox.

...unless i wanna play mario/pokemon or zelda.
    But ill hang myself before i ever get the chance.

I believe that in the US the Gamecube sold twice as many units as the XBox :eek:

Upto Christmas i think that was

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I believe that in the US the Gamecube sold twice as many units as the XBox :eek:
    I do believe that is correct. As stated by ign.com.

But don't get me wrong, I go where the games are. That is why I own a PS2 and a GameCube. Because they both have good games. So far, all I've seen out of the X-BOX is X-CRAPPYASSSOFTWARE. I would buy it if they had more than 2 games that I want. You know every argument like this always includes the X-BOX owners comments about HALO and DOA. But yet no other good games to compare. Hmm. I know HALO and DOA are good games, but I see no others on X-BOX.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    And the gamecube controller?
    what 'control'er?
    'nuff said
    That's right, what 'control'er? It is so well designed, unlike the X-BOX's monstrocity that you forget you are even holding it. And I've held both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    ...unless i wanna play mario/pokemon or zelda.
    But ill hang myself before i ever get the chance.
    I have yet to see a mario/pokemon or zelda game. So before you even try to speak games with me. Come to the higher level. The level that Beefy and I are on.

No one has the magical touch like Nintendo. They make original fun games. That push the boundaries of their systems. Games are to get away from reality. So every innovative step taken is something I will follow. A game such as Gran Turismo 2 has nice graphics, but is too realistic on the physics side. It's not fun if you don't know/care about cars but just wanna race. But you can't keep the car on the road because you didn't downshift at the right time. Now I compare Gran Turismo 2 because in Gran Turismo 3 they have loosened the physics for a more arcade racing style. now that one is fun.

Don't mean to come off as angry or mean, well yes I do. At least we got away from the specs argument.

Thanks, Later

The 'cubes controller is pretty lame imo
    in fact, everything i say is imo

I just dont like nintendo. theyve screwed me too many times for me to trust them again. (brought a gbc- nothing but **** games, brought a n64- again- nothing but **** games/horrible system)

my definition of 'good' obviosly differs from everyone elses in the world. So again- imo

A good game by my standard is a serious, action packed adventure/role playing game. With BELIEVABLE charecters set in real world locations. eg- Metal Gear Solid, Syphon Filter, GT2 (I too think gt3 was a little 'dumbed down' so ill agree with you on that one) and other assorted games (final fantasy series, other squaresoft rpg games etc)

What I absolutley cannot stand are those games you get when you associate yourself with nintendo. Kirbys dream land, the millions of mario games, diddy kong, pokemon and all the other bull**** that comes from japan. Im too old for that stuff now. If I were younger (hey, i ****in loved mario on the snes, and alot of other snes titles (the best thing that ever came from nintendo i reckon) i would prolly like them. But im not 15 anymore, and nintendo dont seem to be showing any maturity with their game titles releases. So thats why the gamecube sucks.

as for xbox titles im looking forward to:
    tony hawk
    ssx
    halo
    obiwan
    and a few others

opposed to the only game i wanna checkout on the cube- res evil. And even then i wasnt really much of a fan of the series.

and i already got a ps2, so yeah. choice is simple: xbox
    hell, if i even get the cash to AFFORD an xbox in the first place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information