Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Have XBOX/GAMECUBE or both???

Beefy Guest

oooo.. these console wars are really firing up now.. I like it.. :)

Now, not being a 'fan' of the Nintendo name, I still must say that they have produced some quality games over the years. Sure, the whole strings of Zeldas and Mario spin-offs are a little disheartening, as well as the huge Pokemon plague... but you just ignore those things if ya don't like em.. One of the greatest achievements i've seen from Nintendo would have to be Mario 64. For it's time, it was a brilliant game. It had everything.. Nowadays, there are mario 64 clones popping up everywhere. It was just a great idea for a game...

Sadly though, Nintendo has always been aimed at the younger gamers. It's worked for them over the years, and they haven't really changed since. However, X-box and PS (1 and 2) have been aimed at more mature gamers, which is why they are more commonly accepted....

Bahamut Zer0 has some excellent taste there.. (as his nick suggests... ;) ) but then again, everyone's taste differs. I noticed what you put you were looking forward to on the X-box.. I must say that I've got Tony Hawk 3 and SSX Tricky on my PS2 already, and they are very sweet games... even if you aren't a snow/skateboarding fan, they are still a lot of fun, because you don't need to know anything about the sports...

As for the big controller argument, i haven't had the chance to hold the X-Box or Gamecube yet, but judging from what i've seen, they seem to be OK.. I've got huge hands, so I don't think i'd have any problems.. but then again, i'd have to hold em first... and even if you don't like the standard controllers, companies always bring out their own clones, or people on the Internet post ways to convert one console controller to another.. so this isn't really that important...

anyways, i've had my rant for the day... I'd better go and hide in my corner again...

:D

My hands are also huge and the nintendo controllers have always been way too small. Its a common complaint with people outside of asia...
    The only thing I hate is when using digital on the 'cubes controller, you have to hold the controller awkwardly. Theres no simple 'inbetween' like there is with the DC/PSX controllers.

havnt held the xbox controller, but ive seen the pics, and seen it being used on the telly, and it doesnt look so bad. Bit bulky, looks pretty heavy, but at least the buttons are in a workable location.

Im not a sporting fan either, and i find games like tony hawk and the snowboarder ones the most enjoyable 'sports' games ever.
    ('cept for freestyle bmx, i hate that game)

Just got syphon filter 3 the other day. Bit dissapointing, not as long as SF2 or even 1 but the story is pretty good. The graphics on the psx are starting to show their age, but still a sweet game. Got bond for the ps2 and thats awesome. Need a mouse though, controlling a fps with gamepad is tricky.

Anyway, Nintendo really need to pull their socks up and cater to the 'mature' market. They can do it. They have the power, but they just cant get their heads out of the pokemon age.

Beefy Guest

:) i forgot about the tiny Nintendo controllers. the 64 one wasn't too bad.. but snes / nes was a shocker...

PSX is really starting to drop off a bit.. i haven't really looked at any ps games since I got my PS2, except final fantasy 9, which I had ordered before it was released...

Is there a bond game on PS2 already? there's something I didn't know... but consoles and FPS games aren't really a good combo. There are some now that support USB keyboard / mouse on PS2, but that just defeats the purpose. might as well jump on the old PC...

Yeah, fps games and consoles arnt a good combo.
    My mate has a bond game, didnt catch the name of it, but it was definatly a bond game. Not too bad either.

I remember buying a Honeywell snes controller. Hand down the best gamepad ive ever held in my life. Rubber grips, turbo fuctions, raised see thru buttons. The bees knees.

at least, i think it was a honeywell. 'twas a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information