Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Games to get warning labels

I thought that the addictive part is why we play them and keep
    getting them ? :p
    Athlon XP 1800 + @ 1600
    Gigabyte Ga-7va KT-400
    ASus Gf4 Ti 4200 128
    Seagate Barracuda III
    512mb Kingmax DDR 333

Some music can be addicting. Are they gonna be labling that (other than the Parental Advisory sticker) too? I feel that our elected officials have too much time on their hands if they bend to label something every time it negatively affects a person. Basically, this is another bull**** tactic and probably won't go through. People do not want to take responsiblity for their actions or want to avenge another person by blaming certain things. I'm not saying the game didn't play any role, but that kid needed to be on medication if he wasn't. If someone kills another person, it may be influenced by a game, but the game did not kill the deceased, the murder did. Go after the murder first.

Of course, if this does go through, it'll be another worthless tag slapped on boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepps
    thats just dumb, stupid yanks (no offence) sueing for ****ing everything, and that is staking the piss. i agree wid u, i dont think i have ever read a licence, and if a really gd game warned me of its adictiveness i think that wud probally make me buy it, not detur me.

@ all ppl who sue over dumb things like that, and the companies that encourage sueing. Whats the point u money grabbing *******s! Like when ppl sue councils cus they tripped over in the street, POINT?!
    It's because most of the US population are a bunch of ****ing *******s that will not take responsability for their own actions or admit the fault of someone they love. It's **** like this that doesn't make me glad to be an American. Watch us drive and that'll tell you all you need to know. Trust me.

:eek: testify brother!

Umm, but there are countries that also drive not so very well that don't sue each other at the drop of a hat?

And while we're at it, schools aren't a place to send children to get raised - supposed to go to school to learn stuff.

What's up, is the forum in some kind of mood - or is it just me, I appear to be nearing "rant" mode this morning:(
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

ARRG RANT RANT RANT :flames:

hehehe

well what can u say.... apart from god dam people (americans ;) )

why cant people take responsibilities for themselves.... i know because they are dumb f**ks
    that killa....

mmmmmm me likes cable + athlon 1800XP

Yea this is retarded. I doubt the dolt of a mom will get anything.

I see this incident just as I see the dumbass who gets drunk and kills himself when he crashes into a tree. Its natrual selection. Those too stupid to determine any other result don't get any sympathy from me.

The artical says "he was crying when a partner stole a bunch of his 'money' " THATS INSANE. ITS A G-D game and if this guy couldn't figure that out, then it is his own fault.

If you kill yourself because of a game, you are seriously ****ed up. Now I know why Clinton really ran off to Canada: stupid people (I still don't like him, tho).

All hail Clint-on!

sorry, bad simpsons joke.

I say bring on the warning labels.

Isnt it still cool to be addicted to stuff the govt doesnt want you to be addicted to?

If anything, instead of 12year old kids smoking behind the toilets at school, they will be trading video games.

My parents complain that i play on the comp to much and don't do any work. and i also came up and told them that its better for me to play games b/c i can't join any gangs or light up. they gave me a bad look and still argued on but any way. Here is something to think about. Games may be better to be addicated to but its a HELL lot more expensive. to get a pack of smokes its about what 3-4 dollars. so thats 9-12 dollars a week. and 500 dollars a year. But if you look on how much u spend on games and new hardware it has to be at lest double that :) So choose wisly on what you want to get addicted to :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information