Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Games to get warning labels

What are you thoughts on this?
    Me being a old game player from way back when Atari first came out, I must admit games can be highly addictive, but only until you finish it.

comments made at Gamespot;

Games to get warning labels?

A lawsuit to be filed against Sony Online may encourage online game companies to label their games as addictive.

Many game companies proudly claim that their games are "addictive," and a lawsuit to be filed against Sony Online may cause game companies to begin placing labels on games, warning consumers of just that.
    According to a report in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Miami lawyer Jack Thompson plans to file a lawsuit on behalf of Elizabeth Woolley, whose 21-year-old son Shawn killed himself last November. According to Woolley, Shawn had been playing EverQuest, Sony Online's popular online role-playing game, prior to his death. Though her son had been diagnosed with depression and a schizoid personality disorder, Woolley blames the addictive nature of the game for her son's death. The lawsuit will not specifically seek to require game companies to place warning labels on games, but Thompson believes that a large verdict may cause companies to label their games out of fiscal self-interest.

Sony Online representatives declined to comment on the situation. We'll post more information about the situation as it develops.

And look back at what the 'Nicotine is addictive' sticker campaign did.

Nothing.

If theyre really after a warning sticker to deter people from buying games, all the luck to them.
    If theyre after a sticker to inform people, well, even more luck to them.

How many of you read and understand software agreements? or those epilepsy warnings?

Though so.

thats just dumb, stupid yanks (no offence) sueing for ****ing everything, and that is staking the piss. i agree wid u, i dont think i have ever read a licence, and if a really gd game warned me of its adictiveness i think that wud probally make me buy it, not detur me.

@ all ppl who sue over dumb things like that, and the companies that encourage sueing. Whats the point u money grabbing *******s! Like when ppl sue councils cus they tripped over in the street, POINT?!

games are addictive, it is a known fact...

what they still be making games now if they weren't addictive? i doubt they would make quite as many...

and god dam suers, councils could get better services, if people didn't sue over petty little things.

imagine a world without lawyers..... H E A V E N!

Imagine a world without games!!! "HELL"

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:D i gonna have night mares now :D

hehe
    that killa....

mmmmmm me likes cable + athlon 1800XP

True!!!
    We'd all die of bore dom:cry:

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Maybe I could get a job putting warnings on games - I like playing with stickers :?: :D
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

hehehe :p :p

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information