Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite video game last year and up until now?

Default What was your favorite video game last year and up until now?

?

Default Re: What was your favorite video game last year and up until now?

Half-Life 2 was my favorite game to play through, and Battlefield: Vietnam was probably my favorite to play multiplayer and on a more regular basis.

Other favorites: Rome - Total War, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, Unreal Tournament 2004, Warcraft III, Civilization III, Neverwinter Nights, and Starcraft (which I would have designated as my favorite from its release up until the release of Warcraft III).

Hello , I would have to agree with Yawg ... HL2 for play thru ( just got the other day ) , battlefield is just an awesome game from start to vietnam . I also play a premium game called City Of Heros and that is a cool game . I am a first person shooter at heart and will try anything that has human competition .
    Vulcan chicks are hot .......... Cezch chicks are hot ............ my left palm is not

I bought Half-life 2 on its release date and I must say it looked great but I only played it for about 20 minutes. Shortly after that I reformatted my system but haven't reinstalled that game becuase I didn't want anymore spyware on my systems. If I remember right, Half-life 2 has some program that is needded to run the game called Steam and it wanted to start up every time I booted up my system and flash adds at me, Grrrrrr. O.K I was kinda lazy about the deal, maybe there is a way to make the game work without the Steam thing but for now I'm scared to reinstall although the game looked so good that I kept it but its on a shelf collecting dust right now. Maybe I should lighten up a little but I really don't want Steam or the other game that comes with Half-life 2 (Can't remember its name) on my system. Do you guys know how to solve this little problem?

IT's not spyware, per say. Steam does have adds, but you don't have to start it up with your system and the adds only occasionally come when you start it. It doesn't collect personal information or anything. It's basically something you have to live with if you want to play the game, and trust me, it's worth it. This is coming from a guy who won't install a free trial of a software program because it asks for payment... Half-Life 2 is easily the best single-player gaming experience I've had since Half-Life, and I'd have to say it was probably an even better experience than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    IT's not spyware, per say. Steam does have adds, but you don't have to start it up with your system and the adds only occasionally come when you start it. It doesn't collect personal information or anything. It's basically something you have to live with if you want to play the game, and trust me, it's worth it. This is coming from a guy who won't install a free trial of a software program because it asks for payment... Half-Life 2 is easily the best single-player gaming experience I've had since Half-Life, and I'd have to say it was probably an even better experience than the original.

O.K you talked me into reinstalling the game. 2 days into trying to get this damn game installed again now and guess what. I find out you have to install Counterstrike to make the game install right. I leaves me with no options even though it says there is an option of not installing it. I tried calling there tech support and was on hold for a half hour before I gave up but then did a Google search and found out what I had to do to get past disc #4 installation. GRRRRRRRRR!

http://www.cgonline.com/component/op...d,506/catid,4/

I wouldn't know about that... Got mine via www.steam.com so I just downloaded the whole thing.

Did you not want CS:S installed or something? It's not quite the same as the old CS, but even if you don't like it, it's worth it for Half-Life 2 IMO.

mine's... HL2, i just played it 2 hours or so, but i think the rating best game of the year fits it (for me ;))

oh yes, and if it's non-pc related... tekken 5 for ps2 :D
    My Computer:
    AMD XP Mobile +2500 @ 2000 Ghz
    MSI NV6600 Geforce 6600
    Infineon 2x256 DDR-RAM
    Corsair 256 DDR-RAM
    Abit NF7 Nforce2
    Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Half Life 2 for single player and BF42 Forgotten Hope for multiplayer.

i think battlefield 2 is rather my favorite now. the only thing i hate is the loading time. takes too long :|
    My Computer:
    AMD XP Mobile +2500 @ 2000 Ghz
    MSI NV6600 Geforce 6600
    Infineon 2x256 DDR-RAM
    Corsair 256 DDR-RAM
    Abit NF7 Nforce2
    Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information