Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BF2 Performance

Default BF2 Performance

I couldn't decide if I should put this in a hardware, software, or gaming forum. So here it is.

I'm running an Athlon64 3000 Venice, Epox EP-9NDA3J 939 Nforce 3 Ultra, 1GB Dual Channel (512x2) PQI Turbo 3200 (2.5-3-3-7), ATI X700Pro AGP (430/475)

Everything is stock, cooling and speeds. No compatibility/hardware issues. My problem is running the game itself. I hear all these people with lower systems than I have running at higher resolutions and AA/AS. I run decent at 1024x768@85hz, 4x AA and no AS. That's as high as I can get it without performance loss. How is it people can run at 4x AA, 8x AS, and higher resolutions? I do say I have an much older monitor, probably 199x~ish. It's an older Dell trinitron but I can support resolutions higher than 1280x1024 @ 180hz. Could that be an issue anyways since it's older? Or is there anything else I'm overlooking here? I don't mind the quality I get now, I would just like to make it run like a glove.

Default Re: BF2 Performance

Just keeping it up. Hopefully somebody will see my cry for help.

I'm sure I've said it enough times that you've seen it, but WTF?
    9800 Pro overclocked well past XT speeds
    Barton@2.2GHz (to go up more, later)
    ABIT nF7-S v. 2
    768MB of PC3500@200MHz 2-3-3-7
    Windows XP, tweaked to hell but running Folding@Home makes up for some of it.
    All settings except Lighting and Textures on High; 2xAA; 1280x960 (which is the proper 4:3 resolution; don't run anthing at 1280x1024 unless you're on an LCD or the developers were to ignorant to put 1280x960 there). I get framerates anywhere from high 30s to high 50s, depending on the game size and how much action is going on the screen at the time. It's smooth enough that I have no intention of moving my settings anywhere but up, if anywhere at all. If your problem is that you're picky and want 50-70FPS, then you're simply going to have to turn down settings.

For starters, you have an X700 Pro. It's a decent card, but don't expect it to play this game at 1600x1200, because it won't unless you greatly reduce quality. Your problem may be that you simply think the X700 is more powerful than it really is. The rest of your system is overkill for this or any first-person shooter. In fact, I would say that anything higher than a 3000 will put the limitation on your video card in any modern games with any currently available video card. CPUs are just way ahead of what games take advantage of right now. There's nothing you can do but upgrade the video card or overclock it.

Whats the command to check your fps?

Thread Information