Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Speed gaming at its best.

Default Speed gaming at its best.

Check out Mario64 when the guy conquered it in 20 minutes. I truly would like to know the original guy who figured all this out. I can just imagine how many trials and error he did to finally come up with a solution. The door trick is the most impressive to me.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/GameList.html

Default Re: Speed gaming at its best.

It's like that guy who beat super mario brothers 3 really fast. I think all of his moves impressed the crap out of me. Of course he was asian... Us Americans whoop them up in guild wars thankfully. Those underworld missions keep me sane.

Quote Originally Posted by eat@joes
    Us Americans whoop them up in guild wars thankfully. Those underworld missions keep me sane.
    Actually the Koreans tend to do extremely well in HoH. But there are more of us so we tend to be able to hold control of it longer. Regardless, the Koreans are powerful and are not to be scoffed off at. I've seen some amazing team setups from the Koreans that leave most American teams speechless.

Um... back on topic... That's very impressive, but so time consuming that I just don't see why anyone sane would really want to do it. Gaming should be about having fun more than bragging rights. The two can go together very well, but I wouldn't consider speed gaming an example.

Yeah, it kind proves your coordination and timing more than anything.

Back off topic :) The Koreans do excellent in HoH, BUT the majority of them use N/Me and N/E builds with monks. Therefore anybody smart enough to bring their veratu's skills along can easily win the fight. They are some crazy people though. I've seen those little guys do some things I never thought would be possible...of course they also exploit a lot of flaws with the game, coding flaws in particular, witch is acceptable in my opinion.

Ok, now that I've said that, the guy who did that thing on super mario brothers 3 is still amazing. I'm sure anybody who plays it for that long could do it as well though.

It's like that guy who beat super mario brothers 3 really fast.
    You mean the one that used an emulator, kept saving his state and then peiced it all together into a video?

No, this guy was playing on the NES. It was pretty mean. I'm gonna look around and see if I can find it again.

The only one I saw was done with an emulator. I must admit some of those on that site are cool though. I watches a few of the Halo levels a while ago because I am a big fan of that game.

Here's a link to download that guy beat Super Mario Brothers 3 in under 11 minutes. Now that you mention the emulator, I'm really not sure if he did it on the NES or not. If you see this one let me know if it's the same. I know getting close to that time is possible because I've seen my brother do it in less than 20 minutes on our NES.
    http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=moSMB3.wmv
    When you're at the sight you need to check out the one legged DDR player.

Thread Information