Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Operation Flashpoint

looks like i dont need to defend opflashpoint too much, its been done well here, great game, BlackLord is a slart in it tho, ******* remembers stuff too well...

anyhow, despite the graphics (i have a gf2mx anyway) the game still plays great, the slowness as acid says, is realism, there is always the run option but if u do that to much, u'll b puffin like an ol' steam train...

i dunno how real it is, but i must say it has to be damn close...i can see where acid is coming from tho, he prefers CS over DoD tho....nuff said :P

if all you wanna do is pop in a game and pull BS shots and own like hell, OFP aint for u :)
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Just to add my 2 cents i finished OP flash and thought it was excellent especially the flight sims parts were extremelly smooth
    (the a-10 warthog was my fav) Another good aspect was that you can get shot relatively easy if not careful not like some games were you can get shot 10 times and then pick up some armour and keep going

voltons Op Flash review 8.5 / 10
    Athlon XP 1800 + @ 1600
    Gigabyte Ga-7va KT-400
    ASus Gf4 Ti 4200 128
    Seagate Barracuda III
    512mb Kingmax DDR 333

There will be much Opflashness at MorB 3
    BlackLord
    486DX2 - 66
    8MB RAM
    250 MB HDD
    Keyboard an mouse !!!!!
    Running DOS 6.2
    Internet Connection: 2 jam tins an a piece of string (otherwise known as Telstra Bigpond)

I am not sure what to think of OP FLashpoint.

I liked the realism, the one shot kill thing. I didn't like the one time save option per level.
    I found myself replaying some boring parts over and over again. Since you decide where to use you're single save slot, you do this either too fast or too late. Either way you find yourself doing the same easy things over and over again which isn't nice :snip:

Furthermore after becoming a rather good team member (and enjoying this) I suddenly found myself in command of a tank. At first I thought yeah, nice. But after a couple of levels as tank commander I realised, I was not doing any real damage in combat. I still don't know how to control that vehicle.

On we go, to become squad commander. I am sure this is a really realistic way to play squad leader, but I found it to be over complicated. I could not control my squad the way I wanted to. And I did not want too learn this skill either.
    You can compare it to a good racesimulation. I like driving cars, but I don't want to spend an hour tweaking the suspension.
    And so I removed the game from my system and quit.

Maybe I'll install it again, to check out those flightsim parts. There is after all a very easy way to cheat your way through levels. : party ha

i hate operation flashpoint. i have it, played the first mission-didnt get to shoot ANYTHING. the graphics suck(i had everything maxed even). interaction is pretty good, but stupid conversation.
    Epox 8KHA+
    XP1800
    Volcano 7+
    256mb Crucial PC2100
    330W PSU
    Aopen 56x CDROM
    LiteOn 48x12x48
    Visiontek Geforce2 gts-v 32mb
    Seagate 40GB 7200 RPM
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Razer Boomslang 2000 DPI

Quote Originally Posted by Acid
    two words... it sucks! :)

too slow moving, you don't have much control of your character unlike some FPS games and it gets boring fast.... almost as bad as Ghost Recon. Graphics suck too.
    I don't know what planet you came from, but Op Flash rocks!!!

Its the coolest game, and i'd reccommend buying it! It has a few great addons as well. Good missions and great realism!

The resistance pack totally recreates the game. For you ppl who cant get over eye candy/phat graphics, you might wanna check it out. It aint up to doom3 standards, but, as you will undoubtedly fail to realise- it doesnt really matter. At all.

i've been waiting for the Resistance add on for AGES!!! it still isn't released over here dammit
    can't wait!!! :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by But_Why
    i've been waiting for the Resistance add on for AGES!!! it still isn't released over here dammit
    can't wait!!! :thumb:
    Yeah, and here is where??
    Why don't you just order it on the internet. (or download it somewhere).

:wave:

Here is NZ and our exchange rate sucks so buying games over the internet usually ends up costing more than shops (depending on the shipping)
    downloading anything on a 56k sucks too!
    :afro:
    Edit: ITS DUE HERE TODAY!! YAY!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information