Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hows the game cube?

Ok, but Doom3 is the only PC game that has even comes close to the graphic quality of console games. All I can say is, Metal Gear Solid 2, nothing can touch it. Don't even say Myst, pre-rendered doesn't compare with the real time feats that these consoles can pull off.

Later

ps: GameCube, has some good games. And alot of untapped power still.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FA-MAS
    Ok, but Doom3 is the only PC game that has even comes close to the graphic quality of console games.
    Exhibit A: GTA3 vs GTA3.. PC looks much nicer than PS2 (however the game belongs on a console, no matter how visually improved it is... :D )

last time i checked..nothing came close to a PC in terms of graphic quality:?:
    plus u have the whole issue with tv vs monitor...
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

Beefy Guest

Actually, I must agree with FA-MAS a little on this one.. MGS2 is definitely very nice to look at. Technically, the graphics aren't perfect, but it's the way that it's done, and the feel of the game which makes it so outstanding. But on the other hand, there are a few nicer looking games on PC now.

This again comes down to the fact that PC designers have to cater for a wider variety of hardware, whereas console designers know exactly what they are playing with, so they can program knowing full well what the machine is capable of. That's why Doom 3 is going to be great. It's designed for the high-spec machines of today. By the time it's realised, there will be more of them around, so they will have the audience they need...

yea true but also, 3 new consoles have only recently been released and as such have pretty top of the line hardware..in a year or 2 (before the next batch come out) they will still be usin that same hardware, yet pc's would have had 3? 4 new cards from nvidia? the processors will probably be twice the speed as what they are today, etc, etc..and new games will be made to cator for the hardware...

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

Beefy Guest

that's exactly right.. but remember, they still make PC games that support old TNT cards (probably not for long though)... There is always that need in PC games for old technology compatibilty, which does limit some games. Sure, they've got settings that can be turned on or off, but it's still not the same..

And the thing is, every couple years you get a console war happening, with companies releasing their new consoles nearly all at once. So the console hardware does manage to keep up fairly well, as long as people keep buying them...

yes i was gonna add that bit about compatability, but it woulda meant more typin for me..and everything cept my body is already in bed asleep, has been for hours....*falls off chair* :zzz:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information