Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: What do you think of Quake 3: Arena?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quake 3 Arena

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    The engine isnt too bad. The lighting engine needs serious work however...

As a game- its rather unimpressive and repetitive. I honestly cant see what the fuss is about. Theres no strategy- its basically whoever can shoot a rocket launcher reasonably well wins.
    Wow wee.

I play UT instead. Lots more weapons, heaps better map layout and the gameplay is fast and furious . The day I find it repetitive and boring like Q3A is the day I stop playing FPS games. For MOD play- TacOps or Infiltration. (for realism/CS style gameplay)
    *bows down to Bahamut Zero*

Finally, someone around here with some taste.. :)

This game has unreal graphics but eventually gets very repetitive playing in for hours

Q3 is pretty kewl...good for the reflexs coz its such a fast game...
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Highly, highly overrated. I like UT much better, but I am partial to Unreal and UT-based games. Probably because I saw Unreal rendered with my brand-spankin' new Voodoo 3 3000 AGP I got for christmas a few years ago :D (I still have it, and will be buried with it)

I played the demo multiplayered over the uni LAN, and haven't been inspired enough to buy the game for myself. I LOVE Wolfenstein tho - based on the Q3A engine. Tho I still think the human movement could do with a little more accuracy - in terms of the physics modelling.
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information