Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: What do you think of Quake 3: Arena?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quake 3 Arena

I think it is unreal, haven't stopped playing it since i got it a couple of days ago. :thumb:

I would say, pretty damn good. But not the best :).

it was a great game when it came out. havent played it in ages though...i cant play the same game over and over. especially SP...it is a great engine though. a few other decent games have come from it already:D
    btw. how old is it now?
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

Yeah quake 3 (or the engine) still has some life left in it I reckon, I admit I still play quake 3 every now and then but mostly the mods (Urban Terror anyone?)

Urban Terror is good.. Weapons factory is better though..
    you should try that mod out..
    MY System:
    A7V133 rev5
    Athlon 1.1 (200) Volcano 6cu+
    Creative Gf2GTS /Blorb
    30 gig 7200 rpm Hdd
    16 DVD pioneer
    4x4x24 burner
    HQ08 case

The engine isnt too bad. The lighting engine needs serious work however...

As a game- its rather unimpressive and repetitive. I honestly cant see what the fuss is about. Theres no strategy- its basically whoever can shoot a rocket launcher reasonably well wins.
    Wow wee.

I play UT instead. Lots more weapons, heaps better map layout and the gameplay is fast and furious . The day I find it repetitive and boring like Q3A is the day I stop playing FPS games. For MOD play- TacOps or Infiltration. (for realism/CS style gameplay)

These are the suggestions i have been wanting for MorBius!
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

ID can get away with only making a decent game every 2 1/2 years because they sell the engine to others. And it's often the other games that are the better ones (Half-Life) :)

I really like Q3A myself....... my favourite multiplayer game. I don't know what I like about it, it just seems nice to play, with a fast pace.
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Yeah Albinus I second that, I think it is almost arcade like, well i think so anyways that is the reason I come back to it every now and then just have a quick game (that turns into a few or maybe a lot of quick games) just to waste a few minutes or hours when I got spare time

Probably my biggest gripe is the dumb bots in Q3A. They either are extremely stupid, or unhumanly accurate. Unreal Tournament has Steven Polge as AI programmer (maker of the reaper bot for Quake), and the AI is superb. You start winning, the bots toughen up. You start losing, the bots will ease up a bit on you. That's what I call good AI :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information