Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Css Challenge

Default Css Challenge

So, in July I did the XFX Challenge at Howie’s Lanshack in OC, CA. and had a great time, but didn’t qualify – dmn!!! ;-(<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    I did have a good time and it was good to meet some new friends. So, they put me on their mailing list and now I really wish I had qualified.<o:p></o:p>
    First, before I get hammered as a fanboy or spammer or other crap, this was my first ‘competition’, and understand that XFX is doing this for promoting their cards and mobos. OK, I don’t have an issue with that, it is pretty obvious. For me, the fact is, if I am going to by a product that is basically the same for each of the nVidia partners, with only small differentiation, then I am going to get it from a company that I feel is at least making some positive contribution to gaming.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    So the people who did qualify (dmn again that I didn’t!!), are up on their site xfxteam.com, and it is now a kind of American Idol deal. Looks like there are about 50 ‘gamers’ up, and it is now a popularity contest. Those who get the most votes go to E4 All in LA and then out on a bus tour. OK, I tried to qualify, but didn’t, so I can say that all the people you can vote for are better then me, but that is not saying much, but at least they are gamers.<o:p></o:p>
    So, my favorites are:<o:p></o:p>
    Carly<o:p></o:p>
    http://www.xfxteam.com/profiles/100260<o:p></o:p>
    aLive,<o:p></o:p>
    http://www.xfxteam.com/profiles/100393<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p><o:p> </o:p>
    Carly is hot!! And she seems to be a real gamer, and I also like aLive, who I met at the qualifier in LA – a cool dude and great CSS player.<o:p></o:p>
    I kind of like what XFX is setting up, because it is at lest different, not just typical competition. With the challenge, you qualify, then you get voted on the bus, and then you got to stay on the bus. It ain’t pro, but that’s OK, it’s good that there are non-pro competitions and it will give these people a taste of pro gaming.<o:p></o:p>
    I am sure they will work Fatal1ty into it, since they are making Fatal1ty graphics cards cards (the Fatal1ty 8600 GT that I got is actually a great card, and the $50 headset is incredible for the money - even though the 1010 mouse sucked big time it is still a good brand for me).<o:p></o:p>
    The thing that they put in the last email, was that you can sign up for ‘King of the Hill’ which will begin October 21 at 5 locations in the US South West region (TBA) and is open to all to participate. The winner of the locations tournament will then face the chosen XFX team member in a best two out of three head to head match. He who wins get on the bus. <o:p></o:p>
    So, I might still have a chance!! <o:p></o:p>

Default Re: Css Challenge

Interesting stuff, so thanks to the 'King of the Hill' stuff you still have a chance to make it? Good luck then :) Let us know how it goes.

Thread Information