Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Doom III Poster @ E3

I think youve missed what was implied- bots in q3a were so stupid it wasnt funny. Well, actually- it was. :)
    Anyway, if the q3a bot programmer is indeed creating the AI for Doom3, well, may god have mercy on our souls.
    :)

Al's comments about UT bots being very humanlike were just that- comments. Not everyone has time to play a game online, nor does everyone have a phat cable connection, so those of us with 56k enjoy bot matches over online games with pings of 400 or more ms.

Anyway, lets see you memorise bot reactions in a 16v16 CTF bot match.

Ive beaten Xan on hardest difficulty. By no means skill-related, purely by luck. :)
    oh and a shock-rifle and a helluva lotta armour

Beefy Guest

That's the big factor here I think: Internet connections. I just don't bother playing online at the moment because my 56k connections is pitiful. It's not worth my time and effort. you guys play against people all the time, so bots, in your opinions, are no comparison. The only time I play multiplayer is usually at LANs, where there are a mix of bots and people, and it's from this that I like the UT bot so much. But anyways....

Nice work Bahamut.. I almost managed to beat Xan on the hardest level, but he kept whoopin my ass just as I was about to win.. :)

Anyway, lets see you memorise bot reactions in a 16v16 CTF bot match.
    I think youve missed what was implied- bots in q3a were so stupid it wasnt funny. Well, actually- it was.
    Actually, my point was, that stupid or not, BOTs have nothing to do with Q3. Q3 is a platform to compete with other humans, the bots were an afterthought for modemers and people without the wits to connect to a server.

And as far as UT bots being smart? Please. I enjoyed UT bots for a few hours, I had a level full of two CTF teams, and I realized I could sneak into the enemy base, drop my teleporter near the flag, grab the flag and take it somewhere obscure... teleport back to near the flag area (which causes you to drop the flag) hide out for a little while and grab some health, and when the dolts of bots found the flag, I was right there to snag it and run all the way back home. HAhahah. Every bot that had seen me came after me, and so when they found the flag there was noone left in my escape route. They do it every time, no matter the score. Perfectly predictable.

That's the big factor here I think: Internet connections. I just don't bother playing online at the moment because my 56k connections is pitiful. It's not worth my time and effort. you guys play against people all the time, so bots, in your opinions, are no comparison. The only time I play multiplayer is usually at LANs, where there are a mix of bots and people, and it's from this that I like the UT bot so much. But anyways....
    Yes! You get my jist, GJ !

I can see how single player can pass the time, but Human counterparts in a good multi-player game make playing so much more in comparrison.

I think that gaming is the same as sex, it's much better when there is another person involved.

Quake III is a game that is made for fast action human vs. human play. If you want to play a game where you have to work to develop skill to be at all effective, you should play Quake III. In Unreal Tournament, skill takes a backseat to trickery and sneaking about. It's fun to play for a while, but doesn't have near the intensity of Quake III.
    <Font size=2>"The demand to restrict technology is the demand to restrict man's mind" -- Ayn Rand
    <a style="text-decoration: none" href="http://www.whiteglovecollection.com/cord">
    <font color=blue><font face="Century Gothic" size="6">My Web Site</a></font>

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information