Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom III Chat

Beefy Guest

...... O.... K....

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    sadly, yes.. :) I'm talking ground-breakin stuff though.. The games I mentioned led to so many others.. where did DD get us? :)
    RtCW....groud-breaking? I don't think so, more like "same old same old..."

Multiplayer was okay though.
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

Hardware Pushing-Yes

As for a decent game....perhaps. Will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut Zer0
    Hardware Pushing-Yes

As for a decent game....perhaps. Will just have to wait and see.

^^^ I second that quote ^^^

I'm still playing UT online, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future as DOOM III doesn't have good multiplayer according to the leaked reports.
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

What are the expected minimum computer require ments for this game? I was told by a friend and I quote "Put it this way....you won't be running it at 1024X768 with AA on" I have a demo of MOH and it runs a little lagged in certain spots where the game will freeze for about a second

The orginal Quake was the most "ground-breaking" of any game to date.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

RtCW....groud-breaking? I don't think so, more like "same old same old..."
    Yeah i second this. RtcW was built on the Q3 engine wasnt it. Therefore it was just utilising the existing technology from that engine.

besides the ending from RtcW sucked. What happened to including a vaguely interesting storyline in games? JKII is the only recent game that has a half decent story... and i dont think doom III will... guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    PHEAR ME!

RtCW=Lame:thumbs do

What a waste of $50! They marketed it as a single player game, yet that part didn't take very long at all to beat.
    JKII was much better, hands down.

RtCW had awesome graphics, but the game it self sucked. The only enemy that took me much time to beat was the end-boss. Them uber soldat's, while powerful could be pummeled quite easily with the rocket launcher and venom gun.

Also, for the record, I'd like to state that I don't like Quake 3 itself.

Doom III seems like it'll be good, but as I never was into the originals, it's not as meaningful to me.

Download the movie for DoomIII :p

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/m...ovieate3.shtml
    Quick!!.Pack your bags!!

The Elephants are coming!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    The orginal Quake was the most "ground-breaking" of any game to date.
    Agree...in part. It wasnt really ground breaking in the sence 'this game is the be-all and end-all of games', more of a 'this game will be the stepping stone for bigger and better games'
    Half-Life is a good example. Built from the Q1 source, heavily modified and the greatest game ever is made. (according to reviews of course)

I quite like this interview with Carmack, lead programmer of id:
    http://www.gamers.com/news/1156460

His responces indicate he is much involved with the hardware aspect of the game, the only real comment about the single-player experiance is simply side-stepped with 'its gunna be big'.
    Given that 2 (at last count) very talented people left id Software because of DoomIII, I really cant see it being something I want to spend my money on, or play/follow religiously.

What you must remeber is the difference between the engine and a game made utilising the engine. id Software didnt make Jedi Knight 2, MOH:AA nor (most of) RtCW. They made the engine, but other companies independant of id Software developed the new technologies in those games as well as the awesome single-player aspects. Once you understand how that works, youll see id Software havnt made a game since Quake. Theyve had very little experiance *cough* Quake2 *cough*, so really- do you think theyll do good with DoomIII?
    I dont think so.

But who knows? They might pull the rabbit out of the hat and make a totally mind-blowing awesome game, but with ****ty multiplayer. Shooting themselves in the foot, yet again.
    I say stick with those that do it right the first time. Hold out 'till Unreal 2/UT2003.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information