Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question.....

Ok does anybody know how to make models for games such as half-life or Q3, and if you do, what programs do you need etc...

:smokin:
    A fate worse than death is to be forgotten...

**slaps ollie, birdkiller and beefy and synthetic with the pipe from a vacuum cleaner, before unleashing his trained penguins to finish them**

Beefy Guest

As far as I know, 3D Studio Max is a good place to start....

hmm well as far as i know..3d studio max costs a fortune...:?:

i already answered u on msn before u posted this..but anywho...i remember years ago when i did some skins, mapping, etc for half life..there were quite a few tutorials, and informative sites linked to from www.planethalflife.com
    obviously these are for half life..but, half life, bein an older game, would be much easier to learn to model for than newer games...there are also some freeware programs u can get...u'll have to find them urself though, there will most likely be links from the sites u find at PHL..

all of the planet**** sites have links to these kinds of resources...
    planetunreal
    planetquake
    etc
    Madness is the gift that has been given to me!

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

I believe 'milkshape' is also used for creating weapon models for various games.
    <Insert Witty Comment Here.>

yea..as well as normal character models and the like:)
    i MIGHT have some freeware programs on some cds somewhere that might be worth a look..to get u started....

*Slaps Ollie, Beffy and Mouse with The Creators lifeless carcuss.....then ties up Morgan lander and forces him to listen to ****ty pop music for hours..bwahaha

When Half-Life came out it came with a map editor named Worldcraft. There are many tutorials on it. I used it to make a simple 3 room map. It was really easy once you have set it up.

Later

did u even read the first post? he wanted to know what he can make models with, not maps..but yeah what u said is true..i've made a couple fairly simple maps for quake 2, half life, etc..can have some fun with it once u work it all out:)

Oh, he meant player models. Sorry, I think of everything as a 3d model.

all good
    TC, had any luck yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information