Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SOF2 netcode--finally a a Valve-like netcode

Well, the title says it all. I can finally play a game online besides Counter Strike without being owned by a broadband user. Not to mention great gameplay--all this game needs is a CS-like mod! Hehe, and the grenade launcher owns---way better than that piece of crap game Delta Force line with their ****ty graphics and gameplay.
    800 Duron
    ASUS A7V-E
    256 SDRAM
    Geforce 2 GTS
    20+40 gig
    dvd-rom/cdrw
    17" 1024 res
    W2K Pro

U should try Navy seals (Q3 Mod) or DoD. They r very good games an have nice netcode
    BlackLord
    486DX2 - 66
    8MB RAM
    250 MB HDD
    Keyboard an mouse !!!!!
    Running DOS 6.2
    Internet Connection: 2 jam tins an a piece of string (otherwise known as Telstra Bigpond)

Beefy Guest

or just sof2.. cos it's good

If you liked the valve netcode (god only knows why) then youll wet yourself when you play Quake.

yes, Quake.
    The original Quake.

Havnt played SoFII online, only at local LAN events. Hard to tell if the netcode is good or not when you have a 10-12ms ping :)
    Sick game too.
    Literally.

Beefy Guest

as long as i'm not connected at 49,333 bps (can be higher or lower), SoF2 works like a charm on dialup...

sof2 play on local network with same key going out thur a linksystemrouter on one dsl line watch for the evil poptart its me

When QuakeWorld came out it was amazing, I loved that sweet smooth netcode. All you people complaining today about "Slow 56k connections" need a good dose of 9600 baud bulitin boards. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Rage
    When QuakeWorld came out it was amazing, I loved that sweet smooth netcode. All you people complaining today about "Slow 56k connections" need a good dose of 9600 baud bulitin boards. :p
    Hey i go back to the days of the 300 baud BBS's so i know what slow really is..

Thread Information