Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warcraft 3

I'm a n00b to warcraft games and by the looks of it (you guys) i think i am gonna buy it. I dunno what type game its is...but it seems to be action/adventure RPG no?...anyhow i love those type of games...you think i'll get addicted and forget any other game there is out there when i get Warcraft?: peace2:
    - Damien

Its not really an RPG at all, more of a army/war game where you are the micro-manager in charge of your own little army and base. I can almost guarantee you'll like it Flaco.

I can relate to BZ's comment though... It is a very fun game, with good 'gameplay' when the players are inexperienced. Once you get a multiplayer round with everyone good, the gameplay dissapates quickly. It becomes extremely tedious. But it is good for quite a while, far longer than most games.

I understand now...thanks Zeradul...for the clear up....:thumb:
    - Damien

Yup, with the Betas the multiplayer sucked hard (which was the only component to the beta), but I must admit- the single-player campaign is entertaining....albeit short and not really that interesting.

Trouble with Blizzard is they only ever do things half-arsed. 7 Years they had to make War3, and this is the best they could do.

for what its worth (nothing) - the movies look nice....

AwWwWwWw...thats not good the main reason i wanted the game was for Multiplayer...that kinda dims the light doesn't it...hmm now i'm thinking twice about getting it this wednesday..:?:
    - Damien

Flaco, is you have never played a 'craft' type game, you will love it for a significant amount of time. Multiplayer is only fun (and very fun at that) until you and your friends all get really good. Once you get good, it just becomes really hard work.

Well i've been playing it solid for a week and a half now and i like it!:thumb:
    It has a reasonable story line plays ok'ish
    There are things that piss me off though, and that is the low unit cap of 90, the fact you can only select 12 units at a time, and in multiplayer if you have computer players in you get rushed by a whole heap of troops at the start.
    Other wise it's not a bad game, the NPC's are a nice touch, although they can be a pain sometimes, with a few more options in multiplayer it would be a great game
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Thanks for the cheering up Zeradul...i'm gonna buy the game...and i know there is a big chance that i'll fall in love with it and get addicted to it...Thanks dude...:thumb: This Wednesday...its mine!
    - Damien

I enjoy the single player very much. There are four campaigns (one 4 each race) and 9 chapters in each campaign, minus two chapters per campaign are just long movies, plus a three chapter prologue with the orcs, so... 4/3... tan 57.... -20.... ****. 30-odd hour or longer missions. Custom games suck versus the computer because the computer has good early-game (they rush quick-style) and poor mid and late game (attacks are 8 man at most, never thoughtfully constructed armies - just whatever pops out.

BZ is right, dont play good people. Games become work in that kinda situation. Get it, burn it, crack it, and dont play on BNET. Get three of four other friends to LAN every weekend for a month, and switch it up with teams and comps and all that.

Hereos kick ass. That is a continually upgrading unit that can rape 10 man armies when its above level 7 and the magic is used properly. I've taken out entire secondary settlements with only a blademaster level 6. Just mirror image into three guys, and make certain the real blademaster is never the focus of the majority of attacks. If he is, windwalk to a fountain of health or behind some trees to regenerate.

Night elf are the best race thou. In a game of 6 (me and one pc vs 4 pc) the night elves tend to be the last comp standing, and with the wisp collecting lumber without cuting down trees you just strategically hide wisps across the map to spy on opponents and collect lumber at the same time. I wonder if blizzard made those guys have night shadow invisibility or not... dont remember

TODAY BABY TODAY WARCRAFT 3!!!!:thumb:
    - Damien

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information