Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Game Controllers

Can anyone recommend a game controller/game pad, similar to playstation for the pc.
    Last Man Standing™

Yes.............Fetch urself some Gravis GamePad Pro's....I got 2 of them they work great....14 bucks at besstbuy

If you are going to want to play games like 'Bond' (First Person Shooters) then you should just learn to use the mouse and keyboard, as any skilled gamepad user will get absolutely obliterated by a mouse user.

Gamepads are decent for driving games, and I believe Logitech has a model with force feedback and the analog sticks that is very similar to a PS2 controller, I think they sell for 40-50 USD$.

you can get converters to turn a ps controler in to a pc one, but i don't know why you would bother
    for the money of a ps controler and the adapter you could pick up a good pc one and have less hassels, just shop around and see what you can find.
    i have a gravis extermantor, they don't make it anymore but it's a darn fine pad
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

I have reasearched the converters you refer to, and I have decided that they are NOT worth the hassle because:
    1: Very poor drivers/button cofiguration software
    2: Force Feedback doesn't work right
    3: Constant struggle trying to get the controller to work right in different games.

If I were a honcho at Sony, I would totally go about making a retail adapter. Lets face it, Sony has the best controller availiable, and if they took some time to do it right on PC people would gobble them up at 50$ a pop.

i agree with that...

:flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames: :flames:
    don let it bother you, just deal with it
    :)

If it's the keyboard that's really ya big problem then The Claw is probably your answer plus it now has USB support. ;)
    It was certainly mine even if it's the older PS2 version. :thumb:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Wiggo Is the Claw available in the US?

Thread Information