Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Doom3 ques...

Doom3, is there any chance to play it with my setup?
    (specs below)
    Heard so mutch about it and really lookin forward to it.
    I hope to get a better computer than a celeron before the game is released but who knows...

And no, if i cant play a game in at least 1024x768 i'm not playning it at all cause it takes all the fun away in my opinion...
    What do you think?

there are lots of rumours flying around - but until it's actually released, I don't think anyone really knows.
    Alpha and beta demo performance usually isn't a good indicator since optimizations may be left out, features may be disabled or not work etc.
    I've played 2 different UT2003 betas - released fairly close together - yet they looked and ran completely different.

John Carmak says you need a video card with hardware DX8 support....that's about the only rumour I'd put any stock in.

Ok, thanx for the information. I would also like to try out any beta release...
    :mad:

.....a Doom3 beta?

I'd like to try one of those too - the public isn't actually supposed to see them though.

Beefy Guest

Doom3 is still a long way off, so I wouldn't worry too much whether your system can handle it at the moment or not.

From what I have read, a Gigahertz machine with a Gf3 will run it decently in 800 X 600 with the demanding effects turned off. It is due out early next year, and if you see fit to upgrade before then, the best upgrade You could make for your system would be mobo/processor/ram.

A faster vid card into your machine will not help very much, not nearly as much as the processor upgrade.

And as far as the 'fun being lost' in less than 1024, I think that is a silly comment. But if you play a game for no more than eye candy, then I spose it is somewhat true.

Thread Information