Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Tournament on crack?

What file am I after? Actaully let me rephrase that. Which one is the best one? I can run this as a patch and then delete it? Or is this a service that has to run in the background. With OGL I'm getting over 300FPS at certain points. That's insane!!!

Time to tweak the monitor.

Time to tweak the monitor as in that's the program I'm looking for. Or is time to tweak the monitor telling me that its time to tweak my 19" CRT device?

The crt may be giving up the ghost. Notice it running hotter than it used to?

Wait.......I have no control over the temperatures but I did have some plans of putting an exaust fan or an intake fan on the vents on top of the monitor for some extra ventilation. However, UT looks fine in D3D and the game looks fine in OGL but it looks bad in OGL in the menu options. My sound crackling thats a different story. But how does this remotely mean that my monitor is dieing? I did buy it refurbished a year ago if that means anything.

You just need a refresh rate fixer.

with vsync off, the frames arent being syncronised to your monitor hence the tearing and other weird shiz that is happening. The fact you have an LCD shouldnt affect it, or perhaps not. Im not sure with LCD screens, the ones ive used have been ****ty quality and wouldnt do 1024x768 at any res over 60. Bad for the eyes.
    Anyway, get the refresh rate fix tool (google it if you cant find one at guru3d.com) and fix your drivers. Put vsync back on and play UT with each frame in sync with your refresh rate. You shouldnt get any tearing or other weirdness. (unless your particular LCD cant do very good refresh rates at high resolutions.....and quite a few cant)

Back to AA, I fired up UT today with it on and my frames dropped significantly. Ive got a ****ty GF4MX, so that may be why, but it seems the UT engine doesnt like the high-end AA method(s) employed by the Geforce cards. Still played smoothly, just a good 40 or so frames slower than my normal 85fps. Image quality wasnt really that outstanding either, might be wise to abandon AA altogether.

ok good that may be an idea to abandon AA. As for LCD I don't have one I have a CRT monitor. Hopefully epic games will fix this problem with there later versions of these games. IE Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal 2

Hey respawn demon are you using the UT compressed textures when running OGL? I have an NVIDIA product and didn't like the OGL setting with it.........too many hot spots............and dark.

compressed textures? Hmm.... I don't remember for sure. I do know that there are certain things that D3D look better and certain things that OGL look better. All in all I prefere D3D cause its more stable. and like you said to many hot spots. Like the line following your cursor in the GUI. Or the lines right by your frag number.

Yeah you have to get the compressed textures off of Disk 2 of the reatail version of UT G.O.T.Y., and then overwrite the existing textures with the "high res" ones. You need to install a new opengl.dll too and make some .ini changes. I still didn't like the result though. Go to http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/UTFAQ/index.shtml#I've2 ...........it explains what I am talking about.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information