Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unreal Tournament on crack?

Hey RD,

That last site I gave you has a bad link to the new .dll that you will need. Here is another site that explains it better and even has some photos of the "high res" textures. Also has a good .dll link to download.

http://www.utclans.org/pc_articles.php

: peace2:

ok I'll definitly start crackin on it. Does it fix the crackling sound? Cause that really is my only problem. I have no problem with the visual looks of D3D. In fact if anything d3d is more advanced and slowly taking opengl's place. Once it matures a little more that is.

I have never had a crackling sound problem soooooooo I don't know if that will fix it. I just read about you guys fooling with opengl and I thought that I would post so that you could get the "supposed" max benefit from this type of rendering. I personally would rather use D3D too. Just thought some of you guys might be interested.

Here is a SS showing the difference between OGL with high res textures and D3D.......

http://www.ve3d.com/3dpulpit/Unreal/UTs3tc/2.html

: peace2:

I take that back...........I did have some sound problems once waaaaaaaaaaay back when I first started playing UT. This might sound a little trivial but I used to get terrible sound anomolies (including cracks and pops) whenever I had the "use hardware 3d sound" and "use surround" enabled. Might be worth a shot if you have them enabled. You can find them from the UT desktop under options>preferences>..........That is the only sound problem that I have ever had. I disabled them and that fixed it.

:thumb:

increase (or decrease) your latency for sound as well.

(from UTConsole, type 'preferences')

D3D stable?
    stable?

Son, you crack me up.

my bad for assuming you had an LCD monitor. Thats what i get for not paying attention. :)

Anyway, get the refresh rate fix tool

This little tool really helped with my refresh rate problem. I was locked into 60mhz by XP, despite my GE4 4400 NVIDIA. Download this snazzy little tool, but be careful you don't blow your monitor up.:flames: ....in other words, don't set the rate higher than your monitor will allow at your resolution.

http://www.pctechzone.co.uk/modules....rticle&sid=183
    I just ate two dozen Krispy Kremes, and I feel fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information