Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comp lags after game closes

Go to the Cacheman section of my WinXP Tweak Guide (last couple pages I think) - download cacheman (link on 2nd page) and use the recommended settings I give and that will optimize your memory management settings.

Next, upgrade your RAM. 512MB is the minimum amount for running games without problems in WinXP.

Finally, I've got a 60GXP 40gb IBM just like yours and I've had mine running flawlessly for almost a year now. So the bad reputation is really only true for the older 75GXP drives. However, there is a firmware update for the drive (which I've installed) which should make sure your drive doesn't die. I've got a link to it on page 6 of my Morrowind Guide

Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
    Anyway I open my computer and close it 3 times then I open up internet explorer and minimze and restore it 3 times then I close it and hit the start button twice. It seems to work but should I have to put up with this?
    :?: Get a keyboard with Ctrl, Alt and Del keys next time you're at the mall:laugh:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

lol ctrl alt del?

I dunno that was just the way to have the computer go back to semi-normal.

i think what we are talking about in terms of hot+cold being bad in computers is more to do with the expansion and contraction of metallic parts within a PC. namely the HDD. the reason there are glass-based platters in the IBM HDDs was because they had lower rate of expansion/contraction or somefin along those lines.

keep your PC at a constant temperature would stop that - but who can do that?

over time, the heating and cooling of a HDD may eventually effect the disk platters within the HDD causing them to warp (allbeit minor) and possibly leading to either bad sectors or the drive heads crashing into the platter...

the only other stuff i can think of that would really be effected by the heating/cooling would be the goop used on the CPU, especially the clag stuff :D
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Oh, heat can cause that much damage to an HD at 7200 RPM, then cooling must REALLY be required if your running scsi and 15,000RPM eh?

well, in my opinion u can never have too much cooling in your pc, i have 5 case fans keeping mine cool
    "make something idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot...."

Help solve the gene mystery join us at the TweakTown Folding@home Team

A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks. - taken from red dwarf

I'm the opposite. I have only stock cooling in my case (which is closed-case btw), and my components are overclocked (although not wildly). System Specs

But then again, that's the advantage of a P4 system :)

No way I need cooling. Lots and lots of fans here. It give you a sense of power when your computer is nice and loud.

just because you can have 50 fans in your case doesn't mean you have any airflow, check fan placement and blow directions

well the fact that I got the case stock. I can only assume theat they are placeld properly. Alot of the things that people buy as cooling devices I already have on my case stock.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information