Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My No Offence Question

its not graphics - its immersion - ive owned about 60 ps2 games and 15 gamecube games - ps1 i stopped somewhere after 120 - pound for pound the snes may have had the best games of my childhood - but come on - name an xbox game besides halo worth playing - for that matter name more that 10 'anybody must own' ps2 games and the game cube???? name 3

arent you guys loyal? ive dogged on pcs all my life full well knowing bith sides to the argument - and the point is that im finally experiencing what all the liars at sony and nintendo promised me FIVE years ago - i had the dream cast online (lame) and i dont have an athlon and i dont use dial up - i dont have like 1500 downstream and 256 upstream to play twisted metal against one other person at a time (if its 4 dont bother correcting me - read - 4 people) madden ran choppy at best - it wont have patches - and my pc version smokes the ps2 completely - only the xbox one was as good - know that i dont like sports - i just got it to show my console die hard buddies how good it looks
    bugs patched gta3 on the pc smokes the ps2 so does tony hawk with a controller

and i dont play at 16x12x32 - i play at 12x10x32@85 refresh thats optimal for my monitor

playing pc games has been more fun and i think right now as we argue this crap the market is in transition - consoles are becoming little pcs - and pc gaming has grown up - and i have direct x 8.1 titles to prove it - plus for story - morrowwind or neverwinter nights spiderman dungeon siege

i just wondered some things about linux and im very passionate and knowledgable on these things related to consoles

play medal of honor frontline and say you dont feel cheated compared to medal of honor aa even stuff like quake iii ends up over a year or more late and looking like a$$ on the ps2 and if the excuse is that its a lauch game......

dont even start with that - biggest buch of bs ever - buy a 300 $ system with like 200 $ of controllers and stuff to play rushed games for a year - finally a few good ones around the holidays and then zip till summer - repeat for 2 years till the system has 1-2 years left and just hope it was a viable platform

oh dreamcast (sigh) i cant for the life of me come up with an wxceptional game ive played in like a year on anything - but that doesnt give sony and nintendo the edge - ive almost studied all of this stuff over the years and i understand the console conundrum

risc cisc aside wheres your same title example of a better game executed on a console - and as for platform exclusives.....

really aside from the mgs2's and gran turismos is it all enough to claim its superiority? my potential is greater and the market has promised great things to come whats sony and nintendo bringing you? - starfox? will zelda and mario be enough - till metroid potentially flops - and sony? oh sony what happened? i had such faith till the dust started collecting and you star felling dumb for all the 50$ duds you bought

and for all who read this and think i buy things like knockout kings or other trash - i dont - i buy the best games across all genres and platforms - i live and breath this crap[ and i know for a fact that as slick as it was...

mgs2 was boring overhyped over produced and a huge let down:shoot3:

know that i come here to learn and debate at best - not argue - we all have our own opinion - some stronger than others - but somewhere reality comes into play - and when youre a gamer you go where the best games are - even with my staunch anti-xbox stance id still buy one if some truly must own must play games come out - but lets face it when halo ships for the pc it will be glorious (well...as glorious as halo gets!:)) and when star wars galaxies comes out i wont be struggling with it on a console with a bunch of dial-up monkeys - and star wars kotor? please again with the halo example - when it does ship for the pc a year late ill be satisfied in knowing what a tool i wasnt for the likes of m$ or sony - my inpatience will not win out and force me to waste hard earned $$$ on a stack of stuff with green x's on it - the ps2 had such promise - in 2000 - now you might as well install one in your dashboard cause its so out of steam it seems right now

im off my own point - consider the last 5 great games you played ? what were they on? does that mean all else is dead to you? and does most fun = best i have a gba so i go where the fun is ive played on my snes WITHIN the week

all i can see is unreal2k3 doom iii unreal ii and quake 4 right now

and god bless the nv30's and direct x 9

heres to all who think the pc ripped the arse off of console gaming in 2003
    :shoot3::cheers:

Beefy Guest

i just skimmed through all of that (too tired to read it all), but from what I could basically pick up was that you, like most people, play games for the experience.. In which case it's not really the device the game is on, it's how easy you can relate / immerse yourself in it.

Which, in turn, has nothing to do with console vs computer, or OS vs OS.. :)

As for the same title argument, it usually boils down to how well people adapt to the certain system. Some people prefer to use a control pad to play games, where others are a natural with keyboard / mouse. Just because a game looks better on PC, doesn't mean it plays better. I, for one, prefered GTA3 on PS2 compared to PC. It didn't look as nice as the PC did, but the controlling method let me play the game the way I know best.

Lemme rephrase my argument. Everything that Beefy said is the short way of want I wanted my point to be. I didn't mean to get drawn into a debate about the hardware or what systems can do what. The hardware doesn't matter, if the games suck. It really is the games. I go where the games are. That's why I own a PS2, GameCube, XBOX, and a PC. As well as everything before it except for a Virtual Boy. Hah, no good games for that thing.

They all have good games. I know that everyone has their own tastes in games. I like MGS2 and FFX. Those are the reaons I go to my PS2 among other games. GameCube, I go for all their franchises. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. XBOX, I go for well, Halo (I am looking forward to it on the PC though, cause they didn't include internet play on the XBOX version), DOA3. For my PC. I used to go insane on Counter Strike. I play SoF2, RTCW, and GTA3.

Ok, I'm done. I'm not replying to this thread again.

Later

edit: and I am looking forward to Unreal2 and Doom3.

ya know i guess id say that again i dont come here to argue its to learn - im sorry i guess - just know im a hard sell on the console issue right now cause ive lost faith due to years of false promises and un fufilled expansion ports

the worst part is knowing im right - and that you are too - in ways
    i used to be the 100% console guy - but in late 2001 - mid 2002 - pc gaming pulled away a bit and grew up - pcs could finnaly run a platform game or a sports game like a console - not that they ever would but tekken would run great on the pc - i just dont see the use of trying to get middle america (read this localized as 'the normal guy') to basicaly trojan horse themselves a small pc for increments of cost when sony and the gang rake in big dough for soft titles - i just find the pc experience so much more rewarding - admit that your fabled mgs2 would look pretty fantastic in constant eax or dd surround sound at 12x10x32its just strong to say pc gaming doesnt hold a candle to console gaming in the year that console gaming fell apart

im not the only one felling it - anyone who i know who i had read all this thinks that something is definatly biased when your name is fa-mas - can you set your love of mgs2 aside for a clear look at the state of gaming in general? didnt ffx leave a real bad taste in your everything compared to well 7 8 or 9 for that matter?

and how come pc gaming had the best turn out this year at e3
    and wheres that grand list of all the 'next generation' console titles that are 'everybody must own' games

must i take a bath every 3-5 years in product just to satisfy 5-10 games of pleasure - see i get email on this pc too and tv dvd music - it truly is the set top bx-beside my desk- that those liars at ms sony nintendo 3do and all the others have promised for years?

why should i wait for the console generation to catch on? they seem to all be playing counter strike anyways...game developers have figured it out too - the pc is getting more and more of its fair shake when it comes to budgets and prospective titles - and console ports to pc are getting more frequent

risc cics those little boxes cant even fit most of the games i play in them - i grew so tired of shrunken levels - and trimed charachter modeling to fit in the envelope that is console programming

do i sound uneducated on the subject so far?

i cant be alone in this view

hey beefy - you try gta3 with a controller on the pc? it helped alot but i tried like 3 before i settled

i would keep this going if i felt it served a point even if its to debate - ive admited my love and dissapointment with consoles i grew up playing them - ive grown up now:shoot3:

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nervagent55
    im not the only one felling it - anyone who i know who i had read all this thinks that something is definatly biased when your name is fa-mas - can you set your love of mgs2 aside for a clear look at the state of gaming in general? didnt ffx leave a real bad taste in your everything compared to well 7 8 or 9 for that matter?

and how come pc gaming had the best turn out this year at e3
    and wheres that grand list of all the 'next generation' console titles that are 'everybody must own' games
    I'm too tired to respond to all that, so i'll just take these two paragraphs...

First, bias aside, FA-MAS raised a lot of points about other games, so he's not basing all this on MGS alone... And I prefered FFX over 7,8 and 9 myself. That's one of the main reasons I bought a PS2.

PC gaming had the best turnout, because most of the developed population own PC's. This is basically due to the fact that PC's are multipurpose, whereas consoles are basically for games and games alone. Also, the whole 'everyone must own' game thing is a load of crap. We've already decided that different people have different tastes, so there's no such thing as a universally pleasing game.. Some people will get it, some won't... It's just that some games are more widely liked than others.. they appeal to a broader community...

Right Beefy! Different strokes for different folks. I like what I like & really could care less what anyone else likes. They should have fun where they find it. Some mindless games are what suit me at times. Sometimes I want to create a universe and sometimes I just want to blow everything up that gets in my way.

sorry

Beefy Guest

don't be sorry. you didn't do anything wrong. you're just stating what you see...

Let me start off by saying that I cannot believe I read everyones posts..hehe.

Gaming is gaming, wether you play on console or PC. I play on both. I started with the Atari (when I was three) to NES, to SNES, Playstation1, to N64, and PC in between all of those. And you know what......they all played games.

This arguement or debate is like saying which color is better: red or blue or purple or orange or etc. There is no wrong or right answer, just personal opinion.

Personally, I think the next generation consoles have been a big disappointment. All the companies spent too much time focusing on the hardware of the system and not the software. More hype then quality.

But whatever. It is what you like...and if you like it, enjoy it!:cheers:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information