Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sc2???

No PC version... because the first version sucked so much??? :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Mr.Tweak No PC version... because the first version sucked so much???
    uhmm, this one is going to not be a real time strategy...so it will be nothing like the first..
    I agree thought, starcraft was not as good as ppl think. Total Annihilation was soooo much better!!!!! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    No PC version... because the first version sucked so much??? :)
    It might be a Halo/GTA3 scenario. Either that, or they can't find a way to justify spitting it to the PC arena. Maybe multiplayer is weak, or it was not designed for a MP crowd.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

I'm pissed off at that. I loved sc/bw. I don't even have a console in my room anymore. I sold mine (PS2) to my brother. Maybe he'll get the game cause he has all the consoles now.

.........wait what am I saying its not even the same game. And even if it was how are you supposed to play this type of game on a console anyway? Truthfully that's like playing an FPS on a console also.

They said there not gonna come out with another version becuase the first one was so sucessful. And they didn't want to expand on that? WHY!?!?!

Here's a trailer:

http://www.icrontic.com/#5539
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

despite the fact that you can't understand a thing there saying. I've got to say that I'm really disappointed. I mean first off you can barely see anything cuase its not a true video its recorded. But seconldly I'm just disappointed I like the way wc3 looks and I really thought that sc2 was gonna take the same engine and add a few races to it and expand the story. I wonder how long the first game will last. :(

This is Blizzard we're talking about here remember.

The same Blizzard that pumps out the same dry game over and over again with dazzling cutscenes and a below-average storyline that, for some unknown reason, appeals to millions of people. They royally screwed us over with the Diablo 2/expansion series, why so surprised they fcked up sc as well?

Let them annoy and dissapoint their fans. With a smidge of luck theyll go bankrupt and a real developer will take their place.

Well.. IMHO, they have some of the best damn cutscenes out there.

Other than that:

D2/D2X- I'll kill anyone who mentions it in my presence.. I burned myself out pretty bad playing it from day 1 (Beta actually, but that's another story :D ). Great Cutscenes.

WC2- That game rocked.. especially when I got my pentium 75 upgrade!! Whee it was cookin' then! Awesome cutscenes for its time.

WCIII- Beat it once, loved the cutscenes, havent touched it since. Never played it online.

SC/BW- Err.. yeah, it's interesting.. until either I attack with my 42 Carriers, and 2000 Dragoons, or the other guy does. Cutscenes.. yep.. great for their time.

However, I give them props for sucking the life out of my social life in high school.

[EDIT] Whoops.. almost forgot D1. Yep, cutscenes. Buy WHY did I have to walk everywhere! And that stupid "Hellfire" addon simply put them in turbo-walk mode. I'll admit that made the game a lot more hilarious. I personally liked the game (and the 4 copies I've bought of it thus far).
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

I agree in certain way. Well I never got into WC or Diablo. But starcraft is definitly the type of game that is one that can kill the HELL out of your eyes. I sit in front of my PC for HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS on end building up bases and destorying or getting destroyed. Getting right to the point though. I have no problem with blizzard what so ever. They make terrific games and I think they are excellent at that. But this really turned me away.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    [EDIT] Whoops.. almost forgot D1. Yep, cutscenes. Buy WHY did I have to walk everywhere! And that stupid "Hellfire" addon simply put them in turbo-walk mode. I'll admit that made the game a lot more hilarious. I personally liked the game (and the 4 copies I've bought of it thus far).
    Hellfire.. that's what happens when you get Sierra to make an expansion for a decent product. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information