Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am having a problem.

have u checked for software running in the background, also if u r gettin intermittent slow-downs, i'd nearly say that you have a memory management issue, probably a large over-used pagefile that is fragmented to the ****.

maybe check out some winxp tweak faqz...
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Quote Originally Posted by sKuLLsHoT
    i'd nearly say that you have a memory management issue, probably a large over-used pagefile that is fragmented to the ****.
    If it was a pagefile that is fragmented wouldn't defrag clear that up?

Beefy Guest

when a pagefile is in use, it can't move it so it can't defrag it...

Maybe that is my answer. Cause i see a lot of those files when i defrag, maybe i should just look over thoses files and deletes the ones that are not really needed when I do an analisys of my HD.

best way to defrag the pagefile is to move it to another drive/partition if u can, defrag, and then move it back again, that usually does a good job of it
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thanks for all the help you guys! I have done most of the tips you have told me and it has improved my computer majorly. One of the biggest problems was that there was too many programs running in the background, and where starting up when i started my computer. I stop them from starting up now, by using the msconfig. And other where to do with my HD.

The performace is great, great enought that my computer can run UT2K3 with ease in Single Player only now. Multiplayer is still a problem. Here is the benchmarks that I got:

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2002-09-16_05.17]
    Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
    GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 872 MHz with 255MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 256 (3082)

dm-asbestos?game=engine.gameinfo -benchmark -seconds=70 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\flybyexec.txt ini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetail.ini userini=..\Benchmark\Stuff\MaxDetailUser.ini -nosound -UPT -1024x768

4.684865 / 33.915123 / 222.012924 fps rand[13704]
    Score = 33.927654
    Well all I need now is maybe a new video cards. Hopefully the Geforce4 Ultra will do the trick for Multiplayer.

And thanks again.
    : peace2:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information